My Aquerium Rack/Collection of Tanks! New tanks are set up! - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 12-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #76
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quick little teaser, SFBAAPs had its Dec meet over at Aquaforest and I just had to grab these. Will have to move my tanks/shelf around and will get rid of one of the 10 gallons but hopefully I can have this all done and set up next week.

Also found and easy/no mess way to feed my shrimp!

Last edited by lamiskool; 12-18-2013 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: typo
lamiskool is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #77
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Got most of the materials and ready to scape the tank, will play around with it tonight and will try and take some pics
Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #78
hydrophyte
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (142/100%)

Those are sweet little tanks! Are you going to line them all up together as a triptych?
hydrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #79
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Been messing around with the scape and heres what i have for now. Would love some opinions!

This tank I am hoping to turn into a cardinal shrimp tank....not sure if I should take the plunge yet as I hear they are extremely fragile and expensive. I might have found a local seller who if i find out breeds them using the same water as me I would definitely feel more comfortable buying them.

I still need to fill the "path/river" with sand and probably wont do that until I finally finalize this scape. Ive always really wanted to do a "forest" scape so this is my first attempt at it!

Lastly, I really like Ohko stone so decided to make another tank using it....not sure if this is the direction ill go but well see.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #80
AquaAurora
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)

lovely tanks and look forward to seeing final looks for your most recent acquisitions.
AquaAurora is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #81
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
lovely tanks and look forward to seeing final looks for your most recent acquisitions.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
Those are sweet little tanks! Are you going to line them all up together as a triptych?
Yep ill be putting them all in a row. I was originally going to make a scene using all three. One tank was going to be a beach/mountain, another a mountain/meadow, and a forest tank. Decided I would go in a different route though
Old 12-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #82
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Well I ordered the up mini 25W heater off of ebay, its a fraction of the price of the archaea heater and seems to work the same/be the same size. Only downside is I guess its being shipped from China and it says it could take weeks to come in....Oh well I guess that gives me time to cycle my tank properly and work on my scape more. I also plan on going out and getting glass covers for the tanks today and work on the scape a bit more.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:20 AM   #83
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

ooh made a rookie mistake today while setting up the new tanks. Forgot to waterlog the wood beforehand lol! While filling the tanks most of the wood in the "forest" scape started floating. They are all in a tube being waterlogged now. I will post pics of the filled tanks as I finish it and the water becomes clearer
Old 12-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #84
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Somehow managed to move/set everything up today. Heres how everything turned out! I still have to put plants in though.

Tannins are leaching a lot in this tank, hopefully not too long...this one wont be heavily planted maybe a few anubius as I still want to turn this into a cardinal shrimp tank.

Very hard to plant this tank as the wood is still very buoyant and isnt fully waterlogged yet. Loving how this tank is turning out though. Also the heater isnt permanent, I have heaters coming in and it is going to take a while to ship and Im housing my dwarf puffer in it.

Havnt really decided how im going to scape this one yet...any suggestions?

Heres how my new setup looks. Kinda wish I had put the self with the new tanks a little higher...

Old 12-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #85
Betta132
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hmm... The rock one... I kind of like it that way, actually. Maybe try just a bunch of long-rooted floater plants and see how it looks? Possibly tuck some Java fern into random crevices and a swordplant in the right back corner?
What stock are you planning? I'd sort of be inclined to suggest a few paradise fish, if it's large enough, or maybe a dwarf gourami. Three sparkling gouramis, perhaps? I think maybe it would be better with a few large fish instead of a lot of teeny ones.
Betta132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #86
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta132 View Post
Hmm... The rock one... I kind of like it that way, actually. Maybe try just a bunch of long-rooted floater plants and see how it looks? Possibly tuck some Java fern into random crevices and a swordplant in the right back corner?
What stock are you planning? I'd sort of be inclined to suggest a few paradise fish, if it's large enough, or maybe a dwarf gourami. Three sparkling gouramis, perhaps? I think maybe it would be better with a few large fish instead of a lot of teeny ones.

hmm havnt honestly thought about how im going to plant that one yet but honestly will just use various plants that I have in my other tanks lol I hope my downoi recovers from the hydrogen peroxide dip that I gave them though cuz I want to use a few in the tank along with some blyxa and maybe staurogyne. I have also added some pellia to the ohko rocks already that I had from the 10 gallon which I tore done to replace with these tanks. I also added the anubius nana petite to the forest scape and will take updated pics of it latter today when I get home.

As to fish for this tank I have no idea yet. I might just move my tiger shrimp to this tank and leave them there by themselves or I might also add some chili rasboras (I really like these). Hanvt really decided yet.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #87
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

heres a pic of the forest scape which is the only one ive worked on so far.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #88
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Heres a quick pic of all my tanks minus my 55g as of today.

(Pretty much all my downoi died when I tried to treat them with hydrogen peroxide, trying some downoi that I bought in those packets at petsmart..)

Lots of pearling going on in this tank!

Need to find out the best way to trim these riparium plants...anyone have any idea the best method?

Driftwood is starting to leech less tannins...still hanvt fully committed to the idea of getting cardinals yet.

Fungus starting to grow on the dw...hopefully it doesnt last too long. Thinking about throwing an amano in it to eat it, do you guys recommend that?

Kinda just put the pellia that I had in the 10gallon that I tore down into the ohko rocks...hopefully when they start growing it will look more natural. Also got some s.repens from petsmart since I was getting the downoi anyways. Hopefully they will look better once they change back to submerged growth and I can get a nice carpet.

This tank is recovering nicely from the massive algea outbreak from a combination of a battle with ick, too much light, and co2 tank ran out and I took too long to refill it. I threw in the extra downoi and s.repens that I bought from petsmart into here, hopefully if they dont transition over to submerged grwoth in the other two tanks they will here as it is a high light, high co2 and I dose ferts in this tank.

Heres a couple of cool pics of a few of the livestock!

Lastly this also counts as in my tank collection now Got Hamsti a 40B from the petco $1 per gallon sale so she can have a LOT more room to run around and also I can fit in a much larger wheel so she can run on which she hasnt stopped using yet!

Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #89
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Some pics I took of the fish in my 55g. Not the best, they are all very antsy and besides the angels never stay still. Still cant get a good pic of the rainbow shark which is my oldest fish/first fish I bought.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #90
Melted
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Scarlet badis are so awesome. Do you ever catch it hunting shrimplets?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.