Kwheeler's Double Stumpy Woodagumi-ish 55G- Video p.3 - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #31
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)

haha that thought has also crossed my mind. The loaches are dwarf chain loaches. they changed the genus a little while back and im not sure what it is now but the species name is sidthimunki. And yes they are super cool

Old 02-14-2014, 03:32 AM   #32
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

some quick pics. had a couple huge trims between now and the last posts. all was well for a while but eventually had to replant all the stems tops due to staghorn. But, it has returned. strangely its only on the stems and older crypt leaves, the fissidens is virtually algae free even though its closer to the light than anything. Im going to try dimming the lighting with a screen or something similar, its already as high as the mounts allow it to go. Any suggestions on that matter besides reducing light? increasing co2 isn't an option since I'm running diy. The moss is almost filled in as much as I want it so hopefully just knocking the lighting down will alleviate the problem. thanks for lookin'

my ten gallon which I neglect and yet it grows wonderfully.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #33
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

Little update for anyone watching. I like stuff overgrown. I also dont like maintenance so it works out

Algae is mostly gone, would probably be gone completely if stayed on top of my diy co2, which reminds me...

I also started dosing excel again on a semi regular basis. When your broke its a good thing to have in your arsenal.

I know nothing has changed really but it will very soon. Just waiting on the weather to get better so I can get some fish and plants shipped in. I had a bad experience with winter shipping and even though It can be done the live's of animals arent worth the risk to me, even if it is fish Really looking forward to some threadfins.

Low tech ten gallon. Slowly chugging along. The fissidens in here keeps getting algae while everything else does fine. Gonna give it a peroxide bath and if it doesnt work its going bye bye. The solitary red line rasbora makes a cameo in this one.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:30 AM   #34
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

Been a while. Im proud of how this is turning out, pretty much just like I imagined it.
I spent about 3 hrs gettng this thing into shape yesterday. Tons of glass scrubbing and some trimming. I pulled out all the ludwigia brevipes x lacustris and I like it better this way. I had been biding my time trying to decide a stem to replace it but I think its gonna stay the way it is, the negative space adds to the scape Besides that I was tired of trimming them.

Still got some filling in to do and I think I have some iron defeciency. Thinking of making some clay balls from some good ol' ohio black swamp clay and shoving them into the substrate since only the glosso seems to be suffering. By the way, people think glosso is aggressive... hydro japan is like the morning glory of aquatic plants.

Still no new fish. Im having trouble deciding on fish species. Keep waffling... lemon tetras... rummynose... hengeli... espei... redline rasbora... congos... all so freaking awesome how can one choose? I have a lone redline and they are nice but still... on top of that I keep thinking of selling everything and taking a break from the tanks. Want some money to by a nice little river boat set up. Dont mind the lone keei front and center, want to sell it but its hard to let that species go. Commitment issues anyone? Dont tell my fiance

Ill stop jabbering now. Let me know what you think and thanks for looking!

Old 06-30-2014, 02:34 AM   #35
umarnasir335
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Very nice carpet! Is that fissidens on the "stumps"?
umarnasir335 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 02:38 AM   #36
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

Indeed
Old 07-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #37
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

Quick video showing there are fish actually living in there

Old 07-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #38
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Very cool, kwheeler!! Great choice of plants that results in something very simple but effective! Love the hydrocotyle Japan!! You can grow fissidens like a champ!! Well done!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.