New from Kalamazoo
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
AMediaMan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

New from Kalamazoo

Hello everyone as the title says I'm new here and I am wondering if I could get some help. I have just started a new 55 gallon tank (has been cycled for a month now), and am looking for a couple of things.

1. I am looking for some Sterbia Corydoras and I cant seem to find any around here. Does anyone close by know of a good place to maybe get some ?
(gave up on number 1, I instead got 6 Julii corydoras)
2. Live plants.. I am looking for some live plants that could be picked up (to save shipping ofcourse). Any one near Kazoo have any good deals or anything extra they want to get rid of ?

Last edited by AMediaMan; 12-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Changed my mind
AMediaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Welcome to the forum! I see that you picked up some cories. I know that Petsmart has Panda cories for $1 if you were looking for more cories.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
AMediaMan
Algae Grower

thnx for the reply and the welcome GMYukonon24s, wow 1 dollar per fish is cheap. I got my 6 Julii's from MVPets, they had a sale buy 1 fish get the second one of the same kind for 2 cents. Couldnt pass it up, though they didnt have any Sterbai's ofcourse. My tank is a 55 so for now 6 cory's are fine but ty for the heads up.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Your welcome. At first when I seen they were for a $1.00 I thought I was seeing things or figure that they were for the more common peppered or albino cories since they usually have those for $1.00 when they have a sale.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
AMediaMan
Algae Grower

too bad eh. I kind of like the peppered ones as well I am more than content with the Julii's though. They are a lot of fun to watch. I will get some Sterbai sooner or later but for now I think it will be later. All is good and thnx again.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
rininger85
Planted Member

I'm just south of Lansing... I bought a few plants from Petsmart, but most of my plants I've ordered online from planted aquariums central.

I'm very close to breaking down my 55 to make room for a bigger salt water tank because I'm not overly impressed / in love with my 55 planted anymore... I started a 10 gallon tank that I took to work that is having much better growth than my 55 is, and I really want a bigger SW tank, so I'm thinking about selling the 55, buying a 75 or 120 for SW and then go back to a 10 gallon or two for FW fish / plants... so if I decide to go that route I might have some plants to sell, although my plants aren't anything special (part of the reason I've considered breaking it down I guess...)
rininger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
AMediaMan
Algae Grower

Thnx for reply rininger85 Atm I am trying to find a good deal on some moss haha (good luck right). I have an MVPets store near by and plan on calling them to see if they carry any. As far as plants if you have the names of them so I can look them up, I might be interested if you are gonna get rid of them. I myself only have a couple of Java Fern's some L. Repens and some Dwarf Sag.(on the way).

Charlotte is a nice little town. A few years back I used to live in Bellevue.