LOW TECH 90 Gallon Planted *UPDATE* - Fully stocked
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 11-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Digital
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Digital
Thumbs up

LOW TECH 90 Gallon Planted *UPDATE* - Fully stocked

Just added 6 baby leopard angelfish and did an official tank update video. Enjoy!

Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
mattjm20
Planted Member

Serious question as a person who *just* bought a 90G and is planning to stock a few angels... when the angels are full grown + those roselines and rainbows, will that tank be overstocked? Just thinking of six fully grown angels in there possibly semi-aggressive with a few breeding (or trying to breed) pairs... might be wrong. Thanks!
mattjm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
Digital
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjm20 View Post
Serious question as a person who *just* bought a 90G and is planning to stock a few angels... when the angels are full grown + those roselines and rainbows, will that tank be overstocked? Just thinking of six fully grown angels in there possibly semi-aggressive with a few breeding (or trying to breed) pairs... might be wrong. Thanks!
6 full grown angels in a 90g would be a little crazy if they don't all get along... My hope is that with them growing up together that they won't be as aggressive to one another. I have 6 full grown angels in 120g (5' tank) with congos, tiger barbs, SAE's and a 4 line channel cat, and I only get some territorial issues when they are laying eggs. To counteract the territorial nature, I have a lot of places for them to hide and duck away from an attacker at. Like big driftwood, and a cave big enough to fit 2 under comfortably if need be.

Now, mind you this is a test I'm doing to see if it will work. If they dont all get along I'll pass a couple to a LFS for store credit. I'm hoping to keep at least 4 in here though. I've found as long as you keep everyone well fed, (twice a day) that it keeps aggression down.

Water quality stays good due to 80% water changes once per week and a bunch of live plants.

I have seen some similar tanks (90G) with a bunch of angels, congos, rainbows and discus in, all full grown and its beautiful and they look quite happy.

I think if all the fish get along, and no one is dying, their colors are good, the plants are good, just stick to the routine.

I think with all the fish growing together, feeding together, etc, they get use to the water changes, the food, etc.

I hope this answers your questions.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
mattjm20
Planted Member

Thanks! Interesting take. I'm probably going to get two angels, accounting for their max size, along with some rams and cory cats. Tetras are obvious, but I've recently become interested in adding a few boesmani rainbows... they are just awesome. I'll have to get over the fact that they are not from the same part of the world
mattjm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
adive
Planted Member

in my experience, angel aggression & them getting along is a complex issue. you need to be lucky in some way or have tonnes of space for them. i've never had full grown angels. mine are less than half size. IMO in a 90g, 4 would be a safe bet keeping max size in mind.
adive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angelfish, planted, rainbowfish, torpedo barbs, yoyo loaches