best place to get plants?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii

Old 10-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

best place to get plants?

I'm wondering where's the best store/place to get plants in Hawaii cause I don't really want to ship them here. I can't go to HAS meetings(i might be able to go once every couple months) because of school and work timing. I'm just looking for a wide variety that I can browse through. The only place I notice that really stocks plants is kalihi pets, but they don't really have too much(at least last time i went). I'm looking for stores maybe around Honolulu, not too far. thanks
gotcheaprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
lasutaku
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

Kalihi pets is your best pet shop. Just visit them every couple of weeks. They had some good stuff this past weekend.

Besides that, just contact people on the forums and get them shipped. This is probably the best way to get plants in hawaii.
lasutaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
Erirku
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

I agree. IMO, it is always worth the risks and chance to get the rare plants that is hard to come by in Hawaii. But there are a select few who have the rarest plants here in Hawaii. Just got to get to know them. Good luck
Erirku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Alright, my mom is getting sick of me going to the petstores, so I'm having a hard time finding plants D: I'll probably just order them or something. Thanks for the tips!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #5
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This forum's pretty dead D:
Anyway,does anyone know what types of canister filters we have available here? Look to buy a rena filstar, but only need searching online, forgot to check instores, lol.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
Erirku
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Sorry that the forum is slow here. I do check it once a day but no one seems interested in posting.
I know Hawaii carries Fluvals, Marineland. I have yet to see Eheims and Rena cannister filters. It really depends what you wanna do to those ugly intake and output pipes. There are those cool ADA pipes that you could purchase but ask around if anybody modified there's to fit ADA pipes. They do require specific piping. Good luck. Hope this helps.
Erirku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yeah, I've seen those only too. I'm actually looking for the rena cause they're supposed to be almost as good as eheim, just half as much. I don't really care about the intake and output pipes as I'm trying a dutch styled tank, so I could hide it. Also need the spraybar for good circulation right?