Revamped 39g Planted Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
WaveSurfer
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Smile

Revamped 39g Planted Tank

Hi all,

I revamped my tank few weeks back due to massive snail infestation. It has been started since approximately 25 days ago and here is how my tank looks like now:

These are my specifications:

Size: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1ft
Date Started: 17th Sep 2007
Lighting: 4 x T5H0 39 Watt 12 hours daily
Equipment: EHEIM Cannister Filter
CO2: Pressurised CO2 cylinder with diffusor
Substrate: Normal US River Gravel
Water Parameters: pH around 7, kH 6
Fertilization: 1 cap of all-in-one (with many chemicals) ProFito liquid fertiliser, 2 caps of all-in-one (with Iron and micro) Plant Gro liquid fertiliser, and 1 cap of Phosphorus Florish weekly
Plants: Foreground: Hemianthus Callitrichoides; Mid-ground: Glossostigma Elatinoides, Pearlweed (Hemianthus micranthemoides), Water Violet (Hottonia palustris), Riccia Fluitans; Background: Amazon Sword (Echinodorus amazonicus), Hygrophila balsamica, Eriocaulaceae sp., Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan'
Inhabitants: Guppies x 9 (6 male, 3 female); Rasbora x 5; Oto x 4; Corydoras x 6 (4 Albino, 2 Leopard) , SAE x 1

Two of our plants have not been doing well, and are likely to be withered soon:

Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan': Those separate stems behind the Riccia. Trimmed them to leave only the new shoots as the original leaves were badly withering. Currently situated at the right rear of the tank.

Eriocaulon sp. ‘Setaceum’: Hairy plants which are tough plants for even experienced aquascapers, according to the sites I have been to. Leaves have been withering badly too (this was an old photo). Currently situated at the left rear of the tank.

As much as we are trying our best to keep them alive (I've been trimming, dosing liquid fertilisers etc), they did not seem to be doing very well.

So in case they could not survive (quite likely given their current conditions), we are needing advice on what replacement background plants could we use (our tank parameters above) which would complement our current look of the tank.

Be looking forward to your constructive feedback and advices on the replacement plants.

Thank you.
WaveSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote