best shops in RI? - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Rhode Island

Old 10-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #61
pgaron
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yea, I saw him once on the weekend, never spoke with him though. I have gone a few times this week and his wife is always there I have spoken with her a few times. She said her husband is more knowledgeable than she is about the plants
pgaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #62
pgaron
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedfool83 View Post
What kind of fish and or plants are you into?
I'm getting back into aquariums and mainly trying to aquascape. When I was in college I was very much into my aquarium I had some neon tetras and a gourami. I was just getting into plants when I left for school I had a fluorite sub with some driftwood and some swords along with some plants I grew from one of those little petco random bulb packs.

Right now I have a 20g long I put a sub down in a month ago. Its got red clay, mono clay, vigro organic soil, and some black diamond blasting sand as a cap.

there's some comets just hanging out in there with some anacharis. My LED bulbs and light sockets came in yesterday so I'm going to put that together this weekend and really get my hands dirty
pgaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #63
tattooedfool83
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Sounds like you are on the right track
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #64
0live
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedfool83 View Post
Aqua life is the best. George is a wealth of knowledge. Join the tropical fish society we meet once a month. Welcome to ri! What kind of fish and or plants are you into?
I'll second this!
0live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #65
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgaron View Post
I'm getting back into aquariums and mainly trying to aquascape. When I was in college I was very much into my aquarium I had some neon tetras and a gourami. I was just getting into plants when I left for school I had a fluorite sub with some driftwood and some swords along with some plants I grew from one of those little petco random bulb packs.

Right now I have a 20g long I put a sub down in a month ago. Its got red clay, mono clay, vigro organic soil, and some black diamond blasting sand as a cap.

there's some comets just hanging out in there with some anacharis. My LED bulbs and light sockets came in yesterday so I'm going to put that together this weekend and really get my hands dirty
once i get my plant supply back up and running i always give stuff anway to local people when i get over run. message me if want any!or fish or something along those lines
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #66
NanoDave
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgaron View Post

Hi Pgaron,

It's good to have another member from RI on here as were far and few between. I second marioman72's offer on plants if you need any. Currently I have (Hygrophila Corymbosa 'Angustifolia') and (Glossostigma Elatinoides) in surplus and am always willing to donate. As goes for anyone else in RI.

12G Rimless Club

*Everybody has too much of something...me? I have fish tanks.*
NanoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #67
Linder

If you are in Southern R.I., check the Sea Horse on Beach Street in Westerly R.I. Lots of plants and healthy fish. Always helpful.
Linder is offline   Reply With Quote