CO2 Noob
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Michael Appleseed
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

CO2 Noob

I'm new to CO2. I've upgraded my lighting, started dosing Green Leaf Aquarium dry ferts, and I feel like all I really need now is pressurized CO2 to maintain a stable set up. I have a buddy that pulled the trigger on one of GLA's CO2 set ups and it's working wonders. I'd like to purchase mine off their site and I'm just wondering what the differences are. There's so many different set ups and modifications. I'd like to use it for a 55gal and maybe attach a manifold for use with another tank in the future. Any help deciphering what the best GLA system is would be awesome.
Michael Appleseed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
exv152
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Aside from the paintball setups, I would go with whatever you can afford. Paintball is a bit too small for a 55g IMO. You want something with a larger tank, at least a 10 pound.
exv152 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
shambhalove.
Planted Member

Email Orlando at GLA, he'll be able to answer all your questions best

I recently purchased their supreme regulator and i couldnt be happier. It was my first reg so i had a lot of questions and Orlando was more than helpful. You'll find many people on this forum with nothing but good to say about GLA's customer service.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
Aqguy
Planted Tank Obsessed

I purchased the choice 2 system for my 75 tall very happy with it. Orlando is great and very quick to respond.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #5
Michael Appleseed
Algae Grower

Wow, you guys weren't kidding. He replied in less than 15 minutes to at least 10 emails back and forth. I got my ferts from GLA but never contacted them directly. AMAZING customer service. Thanks for the advice. I have the Choice setup in the mail as we speak! Couldn't be more ecstatic. Orlando is the man.
Michael Appleseed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
Aqguy
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Appleseed View Post
Wow, you guys weren't kidding. He replied in less than 15 minutes to at least 10 emails back and forth. I got my ferts from GLA but never contacted them directly. AMAZING customer service. Thanks for the advice. I have the Choice setup in the mail as we speak! Couldn't be more ecstatic. Orlando is the man.
I have the choice setup and am extremly happy with it , im running a 75 mm diffuser for now until I build a reactor so my psi on the output is set at 45 lbs ,
The needle valve is easy to ajust flow.
And thats what you here most complaints about.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
shambhalove.
Planted Member

Told ya

I went with the ideal nv and i have to admit its way overkill, but its worth it. Funny thing is Orlando told me honestly from the get go that it was overkill and that in fact he doesn't use it for his own tanks. Now thats customer service, not just trying to push your most expensive product on a customer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.