Ember Tetra Beach Front Tank - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
AGUILAR3
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Needle leaf Java is a nice addition to your tank. Looks good.

Your current 13 fish in a 10g is pushing it as is.
AGUILAR3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #17
JerSaint
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Looking good. Love your new betta!
Eheim Pimp Club member #541
Nikon Pimp #087
JerSaint's 36 Gallon 1st Planted tank Journal http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...958&highlight=
JerSaint's 20 Long Gallons of Shrimpy Fun
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...841&highlight=
Profile Tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/yo...025&n=JerSaint
JerSaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #18
iLOVEnanos
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Thanks guys! Ok sounds good I will leave it as is. I did also change the hood and filter. I HATED the biowheel so swapped it out for a AquaClear 30 with a glass top, but am still using the led that came with the Marineland lid.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #19
johnson18
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

Everything's looking great!
johnson18 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

As small as those fish are you would be fine to add those little corys. Those old bioload rules aren't really formated persay for people with plants and you have a good amount in there. To put some perspective on it, I once had a 20 gallon hexagon tank with mopani covered in java moss, some rotala rotundifolia couple small swords and some frogbit I think. I ran diy co2 as well. The only filter was a tetra whisper 30 gallon intank filter with a big piece of hydrosponge. The inhabitants were as follows, as well as I can remember at least:
24 boraras brigittae
12 celestial pearl danios
5 rasbora hengeli
6 corydoras pygmaeus
6 adult crs + babies
3 big trapdoor snails and a lot of mts

As you can see most people would tell me that I'm grossly overstocked and yada yada yada. But with a good plant mass and regular waterchanges they all thrived. My cpds still spawned everyday. My crs reproduced and the others were just chillin like villains. I know this is only anecdotal evidence but its the truth and it shows how beneficial plants are to an aquariums health.

You have a nice set up going here and healthy plants. 3 fish barely and inch long isn't going to put you over the limit. Besides its not like all your fish are suddenly going to drop dead when you put more fish in. Just do large weekly water changes or even every other week and moniter their health but I have no worries that it would be fine. A bigger school of corys is always better anyway

Last edited by kwheeler91; 11-09-2013 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: spelling
kwheeler91 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #21
iLOVEnanos
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Just wanted to do an update...I just was at my favorite local pet store and added more Embers today! I also picked up a few free MTS snails. The Embers are still settling in, so no new pics yet but I will try to get some tomorrow. They have already begun to color up and two of them are almost as deep orange as my originals! The stocklist is now as follows:

1 Betta
9 Ember Tetras
6 MTS
4 Cory Habrosus (hoping they can get in a few more for me next week since I lost 2 a month ago).

I also have 3 Otos in there I am trying to catch to switch into my other tank so I can add more cories, but they have been very good at eluding me!

The plants are all doing soooo well! I have a tiny bit of fluffy looking algae on the very tips of some of the moss, but that is it on the algae front. I had a few leaves die on my Java Fern, but not before making a TON of baby plantlets. I have transferred some of them to my other tank. No new additions plant wise though.

Tags
10 gallon, beach, ember tetra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.