29g updated pics.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 09-05-2007, 02:34 AM   #1
Sowilu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via MSN to Sowilu Send a message via Yahoo to Sowilu
Talking

29g updated pics.

Here are recently taken pictures of my tank. They are kind of crappy but I am just getting the hang of my camera. By the way my camera has an aquarium mode and and underwater mode I will post pictures with those modes and see what the difference is.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:05 AM   #2
eyebeatbadgers
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers

have you considered a background for this aquarium? I think it'd make it look completely different. Personally I'd go for a solid color background, probably black. Maybe throw in a few stem plants, and call it a day How are your shrimp doing? I've thought about starting a tank for shrimp myself.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:56 AM   #3
cookingnerd607
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cookingnerd607 Send a message via Yahoo to cookingnerd607

black moon sand for substrate? I second the background.
cookingnerd607 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2007, 03:59 AM   #4
Nbot
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Yep...a black solid back ground (just use the back-side of the "fancy" back-grounds your LFS has) would do you great....hide most of the equipment from sight...

Also, keep an eye out in the Swan-n-shop section for a "starter package" or something like that, people will sell a starter kit for $10-15 w/ a bunch of stem plants and other "hardy" plants....if you want to know what plants are generally considered "hardy" use the same plants the "low-tech" people do....like in my 29g low-tech in my sig....I'm guessing by your post count that you prolly already know this stuff tho...
Old 09-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
Sowilu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via MSN to Sowilu Send a message via Yahoo to Sowilu

Well I want to do the background black but I need to find the "fancy" background thing I got from wal-mart. If I don't find it I will be doing one myself . I don't know how my shrimps are doing. I think they stay hiding during the day and possibly come out at night. When I do my weekly water change I will know more about them. The only bad thing about Swap-n-shop is that alot of them won't work with me they want to get payed pay-pal and I have a hard time convincing my dad to let me borrow his pay-pal account. Two have agreed to let me pay with MO but nobody else. I do want to buy a plant pack but the only one that I know that will let me pay with MO is Wingsdlc (+ he lives in NC too). I have credit with him at the moment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.