Water Storage
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 02-19-2004, 11:44 PM   #1
Broken
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Just got a RO unit and looking for a way to store the water. Looking for bin that around 50 to 100 gal, but I want one that has a valve at the bottom so I don't have to get a pump to drain the water into the jugs that I will take in the house. Cannot find anything local, I have looked all over, anyone have any ideas where to buy something like this online?
Broken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2004, 11:47 PM   #2
fishyboy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

try a farm suppy store they might have HUGE tubs
fishyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2004, 12:51 AM   #3
Vinlo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Don't know where you'd buy one, but..

http://www.rubbermaid.com/hpd/consum...hirdMenuIndex=
Vinlo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2004, 01:09 AM   #4
Broken
Algae Grower

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:04 AM   #5
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Did you try US Plastics?

Mike
Old 02-20-2004, 02:47 AM   #6
geodiscus
Algae Grower

Broken,

I have a storage bin that is a Rubbermaid garbage can that i use to store water for my Discus.it is a 32 gallon Rough neck can $8 Home Depot.

I am just wondering how you plan on transferring your H2O? To your main tanks?buckets....?That will get old very fast...You may want to try a 802 power head our some other pumping method.I know your question was regarding a storage container but I just got a flashback of some times when my wife would complain about wet carpet :evil:
**Eheim Pimp Club Member No. 4**55 gallon,Eheim2213,Eheim2215W/Eheim Surface Extractor,Turbo Twist 9 watt UV Sterilizer,200 wt Ebo Jager,100%Eco-complete,JBJ Pressurized CO2,Power Reactor, Coralife 4x65wt CFL(2x6700's 2x9325's).28 gallon Breeding Discus tank.
geodiscus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #7
malkore
Planted Tank Guru

The $60 I spent on a submersible pump was totally worth it for my 75 gallon water changes. I use a python knock-off to fill a 35 gallon trash can (bought JUST for this purpose), decholor it, and then pump it into the tank. The only part I need help with is removing the canopy.
Filstar XP2 PIMP #3
Visit my aquarium pages - see specs on my tanks, and photos of how they've evolved
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2004, 03:59 PM   #8
Broken
Algae Grower

Well i did think about buying a pump, but the problem is the RO Unit and the storage bin will be located in my garage, because I don't have room for them anywhere else. No basments in houses in this area. So when it cold outside I will have to transfer the water from the storage bin to the 5 gal bin I have now, and then let it warm up for several days before I can use it. The only way I can see to get around this is find a way to heat the water in the storage bin that in the garage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.