Psiorian's 60F
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Psiorian
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Default Psiorian's 60F

So, I’ve been lurking on the forums for a while, and I’ve seen my fair share of journals (maybe too many, its all I do at work). Since you guys helped me pick my tank, I decided it is only fitting to do a journal about it.

Disclaimer I’m still relatively new at this so any suggestions are welcome.

Specs:
Tank: ADA-60F
Lighting: Current Freshwater LED+
Filter: Eheim Ecco 2232, Cal Aqua X1s Inflow.
Substrate: ADA Amazonia
Hardscape: Seiryu Stones

So I’m trying out the layout now. I want to do like a white sand beach sort of scape down a valley.

I've been messing with rock placement for now. There will be white sand where there is no substrate currently (please excuse the bad pictures and the funky lighting):

Top View:

Front View:

I'm liking the right side of the scape. Close up of the Right Side

I’m not sold on the left side I have two options what is in the front view above or the picture below. Alternate Left Side 2:

Things will be easier to see without those fruit loop cardboard in the way an the sand in. Any suggestions on the initial hardscape?

I am trying to debate between HC and UG for the foreground. Do you guys think if I do one side with HC and one side with UG that would look weird? Any opinions on what I should do for the foreground?

I'm going to look for sand tomorrow and get some substrate dividers to keep the substrate out of the sand and foreground plants from mixing.

Last edited by Psiorian; 11-05-2013 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: Update Equipment
Psiorian is offline   Reply With Quote