FREE PLANTS/FISH/DRIFTWOOD in Naperville!! (taking down my tank) - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Illinois

Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #16
jayjigga
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson View Post
OKAY!!

The 20H will become a refugium/return/3gal RO top off tank. My existing light will handle the fuge well. The display tank will be a 20L with a finnex LED or similar. Both will be on a metal stand for the 20L, with their light cycles about 6 hours apart or so. Livestock for display will ideally be 2 or 3 blue striped pipefish, with maybe one other extremely peaceful fish, and small clean up crew. Corals will be purely mushrooms and zoanthids, ideally many kinds of each. Because of the pipe's current requirements, I'll probably use a spray bar on the return to spread the flow a bit. I'm aiming for 300gph return, and using the bar to handle all the displays flow. I'm hoping the combination of skimmerless and slow steady current will make the mushrooms go absolutely berserk. If it proves to not be enough current, I have a few lower-flow maxijets collecting dust I can use.

It should be a super fun and, dare I say cheap, project
Nice! If you're not already on chicagoreefs, sign up and intro. I'll PIF you some znps once you're cycled
jayjigga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
Beardie
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks again for the help. The wood looks amazing in my tank and it really wouldn't be the same without it. Here's a link to see how I've used your gifts.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=459161
Beardie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.