Anyone in the Virgina Beach, Va. area? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Virginia

Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
VAtanks
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Im live in va beach. Fish safari is owned by a marine biologist, hence its mostly salt water stuff how ever in the past they have ordered anything I wanted at pretty competative prices. I just bounce between Jungle and Safari....and Homedepot.
VAtanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
tommypham
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samckitt View Post
Can always use more plants. What do you have? I am in Carrollton, just across the James River Bridge from Newport News.

Scot
Java fren , moss and some red plants
tommypham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #18
xxxSHyXAxxx
Planted Member

I just moved from San Diego to Norfolk. We need to get a club together with some meetings even if it's just to hang out and look at each other’s stuff. I'm buying a house soon and I have three tanks to set up (a 10, 40b, and a 50) so I need inspiration and competition. Does anyone want to help me out with this?
xxxSHyXAxxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
brantjs

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm new to the planted tank world and am working on getting mine to grow in. I purchased all my plants and substrate online, but all my stocking has been local. I live in Suffolk, and most of the fish have come from Animal Jungle. I bought my tank from Fish Safari, and last week I bought a SAE and 3 rummy nose from Fish Safari. The prices were a little higher at Fish Safari but the fish were healthy and no wait on getting service.
brantjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
tommypham
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantjs View Post
I'm new to the planted tank world and am working on getting mine to grow in. I purchased all my plants and substrate online, but all my stocking has been local. I live in Suffolk, and most of the fish have come from Animal Jungle. I bought my tank from Fish Safari, and last week I bought a SAE and 3 rummy nose from Fish Safari. The prices were a little higher at Fish Safari but the fish were healthy and no wait on getting service.
Let me know if u need any plants , I have some trim coming soon . Super discount price for local member.
tommypham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
brantjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypham View Post
Let me know if u need any plants , I have some trim coming soon . Super discount price for local member.
Thanks for the offer. I really need to get some good pictures of my tank, but as of right now all of my plants are doing great and had to trim last weekend because it was getting overgrown. My grass isn't spreading much, but other than that my tank is pretty much full. I bought a complete plant package from freshwateraquariumplants.com since I didn't have a clue on how they'd all look and grow in together looking at them at a LFS. I'd highly recommend them if you need anything. I have a couple types of algae, but nothing too serious at this point. I have 3 otos, a SAE, and some random snails working on the cleanup, but it looks like I need to scrub the glass again.
brantjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #22
stevenfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishfriend View Post
Looking to see if there people from this area on the forum or a group in the area.
I just joined. Steve -- Norf.Va.
stevenfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
Smalls38
Algae Grower

Hoping to keep this thread going. We live in Poquoson, and are really looking for some good groups to join. Been in the hobby for a long time, into planted freshwater tanks for maybe a little over a year now. Really looking to trade some plants that I don't have with others and vice versa.

On a side note, anyone know what has happened to animal jungle? Went two weeks ago seemed to me place has gone downhill, alson noticed the help wanted sign for the fish dept. It was my goto place, nice and clean. They had the best setup! All tanks were on there seperate filter boxes, now it seems all the tanks are combined. I have never seen that many snails, hundreds in each tank, in my life. Not writing a review just curious if anyone knows whats going on?
Smalls38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #24
matt11390
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls38 View Post
Hoping to keep this thread going. We live in Poquoson, and are really looking for some good groups to join. Been in the hobby for a long time, into planted freshwater tanks for maybe a little over a year now. Really looking to trade some plants that I don't have with others and vice versa.

On a side note, anyone know what has happened to animal jungle? Went two weeks ago seemed to me place has gone downhill, alson noticed the help wanted sign for the fish dept. It was my goto place, nice and clean. They had the best setup! All tanks were on there seperate filter boxes, now it seems all the tanks are combined. I have never seen that many snails, hundreds in each tank, in my life. Not writing a review just curious if anyone knows whats going on?
One common thing I have heard is just them taking a big hit because of the economy. At least the aquatic dept. Aquatics seem to be one of those hobbies that becomes expendable when money is tight. I do love the place and fish safari also.
matt11390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #25
flukekiller
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

Live in Gloucester VA. Its about midway between va. Beach and Richmond. Been to the jungle many times but now mostly do my ordering online b/c I can't stand the tunnel traffic.
flukekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #26
dj2606
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
One common thing I have heard is just them taking a big hit because of the economy. At least the aquatic dept. Aquatics seem to be one of those hobbies that becomes expendable when money is tight. I do love the place and fish safari also.
What a shame was going down to va beach to visit family this coming weekend and was going to stop by and see if they have HC pots. But from the sound of it not worth stopping in.......

on a side note anyone have HC they can sell off?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #27
matt11390
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2606 View Post
What a shame was going down to va beach to visit family this coming weekend and was going to stop by and see if they have HC pots. But from the sound of it not worth stopping in.......

on a side note anyone have HC they can sell off?
Don't get me wrong. AJ is still the best option in the area for plants. Give them a try.
matt11390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #28
phishfriend
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

hey all, Just wanted to let everyone know there is new facebook group started up called Fish Nutz of Hampton Roads. Gathering local hobbyist together. So far 70ish members and We are adding people all the time and just had an open house this past Sunday. Look'em up on facebook! Hope to see you there.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #29
Kat12
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4s4mur4 View Post
i've always like fish safari more just because they are dedicated to just fish. but ever since i found out about animal jungle's "wet wednesdays" its just too good of a deal to pass up. but fish safari has a lot more in terms of plant supplements.
what is wet wednesday?
Kat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #30
flukekiller
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

I'm in Gloucester .. basically halfway between va. Beach and Richmond.
flukekiller is offline   Reply With Quote