Paintball Co2 Injection DIY Setup with Tons of Photos - Page 148
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #2206
Setsuna

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hey guys just wanted to share my video on this thread also. My method is the same thing as this too i guess
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #2207
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Hey guys just wanted to share my video on this thread also. My method is the same thing as this too i guess 20z CO2 + Planted Aquarium - YouTube
The plants u got are DHG dwarf hair grass, myrio matt myrio mattogrossensesword. U want your bubble counter to be at 2-3 BPS (bubbles Per Second). That drop checker takes at least a day or so to read the right amt of CO2 in tha tank I have the same but I switched to a different one for that reason. Good Luck with tha set up, I've learned these tanks are like Lays chips u can't have just one because of how many plant sp. they have. I know your like me don't really know the names of tha plants but like how they look in tha tank lol. Just do as much reaserch as possible and you will know everything also ask as many questions as u can think an look to YouTube a lot for vids, in you tube just put planted tanks in the search an a ton of vids will come up. Tanks for your time.
newbieplanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #2208
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
Does anyone else have issues with small amounts of CO2 leaking out of that little hole behind the gauge on this unit?
I did so I changed the little rubber seal on the top of the PB tank an it was fine. I also went with another regulator from the paintball store and have not had the problem ever since.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #2209
Carlin
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Holy crap, I can't believe I read this whole thread. Learned alot though Q_Q
Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #2210
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Holy crap, I can't believe I read this whole thread. Learned alot though Q_Q
I hear that this was my first set up now I got a reg I custom built but I still got 2 of these setups running right now 1 on my 5gal and 1 on my 20H gal.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #2211
cmathews95
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

jagged fury,
can you post a pic of your co2 set up. I was looking through this thread and i couldn't find it. If anyone wants to point me to the right post that would be awesome.
Thanks
cmathews95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #2212
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews95 View Post
jagged fury,
can you post a pic of your co2 set up. I was looking through this thread and i couldn't find it. If anyone wants to point me to the right post that would be awesome.
Thanks
I think his set up is on the first page of this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #2213
xdang
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

I've look through all the posts, and I have a leak from the hole behind my gauge and I don't know how to fix it. I accidentally screwed on ASA when the top was screwed down and gas came out and I don't know if this broke something.
xdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #2214
cmathews95
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdang View Post
I've look through all the posts, and I have a leak from the hole behind my gauge and I don't know how to fix it. I accidentally screwed on ASA when the top was screwed down and gas came out and I don't know if this broke something.
This sounds like the degass(this is a safety feature). In this case, try replacing the o-ring in the regulator. The same thing happened to me. After a replaced the o-ring, air stopped leaking.
cmathews95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #2215
xdang
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews95 View Post
This sounds like the degass(this is a safety feature). In this case, try replacing the o-ring in the regulator. The same thing happened to me. After a replaced the o-ring, air stopped leaking.
I tried replacing the O-rings twice on the ASA on/off and even on the paintball canister itself. Nothing worked for me. I even re-tefloned the whole needle valve to make sure. Gas somehow just leaks from the gauge hole.
xdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #2216
samwoo2go
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdang View Post
I tried replacing the O-rings twice on the ASA on/off and even on the paintball canister itself. Nothing worked for me. I even re-tefloned the whole needle valve to make sure. Gas somehow just leaks from the gauge hole.
There're 2 small black O rings deep inside the ASA which you can only get to by pulling out the stem. Try replacing those.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #2217
andybodyhome

I installed my regulator on the paintball co2 w/o turning the regulator counter clockwise and now the needle is staying at 0, what do I do?? please help
andybodyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #2218
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybodyhome View Post
I installed my regulator on the paintball co2 w/o turning the regulator counter clockwise and now the needle is staying at 0, what do I do?? please help
Got a pic of the set up, what reg are u useing?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #2219
andybodyhome

Here it is, I was wondering if you could take off the regulator, turn it counter clockwise and screw it on top of the paintball canister again.. idk lol all new to me
andybodyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #2220
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybodyhome View Post

Here it is, I was wondering if you could take off the regulator, turn it counter clockwise and screw it on top of the paintball canister again.. idk lol all new to me
Don't know if u figured it out yet, but yea u can do that. Take off the reg and turn counter clockwise then put back on and turn clockwise and it should give a reading. Make shure the flow/needle valve is in the off position so no gas is flowing through it u wanna adjust that after unless your having a hard time getting 1-3 BPS.

Last edited by newbieplanter; 11-05-2013 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Add