VIV Glassware arrival at Aquaful! Shrimp announcement
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Massachusetts

Old 10-10-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
aquaful
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

VIV Glassware arrival at Aquaful! Shrimp announcement

Hello planted friends!

VIV Glassware has arrived at Aquaful from the people at Sevenports that bring you Mr. Aqua and Up Aqua!

Here's the pricing:

VI-2001 Lily Pipe Inflow - medium $47.99
VI-1001 Lily Pipe Outflow - medium $54.99
VI-2002 Lily Pipe Inflow - large $51.99
VI-1002 Lily Pipe Outflow - large $57.99
VI-1003 Spiral (Spin) Outflow - Mini $46.99
VI-2023 Violet Inflow - mini $41.99
VI-5211 Spring Washer $18.99

I have one of each available, with the exception of the spring washer. I have three spring washers. The inlet/outlets are paired on purpose.

As you can tell, this is considerably less than ADA. I have done side by side comparisons and the quality of the VIV is very good. At these prices hopefully you will give them a chance. Every "new" brand is worth considering, especially when they are priced reasonably. As alluded to before, VIV and ADA glassware is very similar and there -might- be a reason why.

Some other news..! I have set up 6 20"x20"x12" shallow tanks for the purposes of stocking lots of awesome ornamental shrimp. I love shrimp and my store was originally dedicated to shrimp so if you like shrimp stay tuned. I'm going to have a lot of easy to keep mosses and a variety of ornamental shrimp like yellow sakura, red cherry, blue velvet, yellow stone, etc, etc.
aquaful is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Down_Shift
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Down_Shift

Any chance you will find any stainless steel lily pipes?
Down_Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
aquaful
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Unfortunately I've been getting the cold shoulder from the remaining ADA distributor in NA.

Not exactly sure why, but my guess is that they want control of ADA sales since they retail in SF and online while at the same time "distributing." Distributors that sell direct compete with the stores that they distribute to--doesn't really make any sense. Most likely that's why they aren't bothering to reply despite calling them very couple of days.

Sevenports has been doing a great job trying to fill the void by looking into hardscaping materials. If they were able to get the glassware I'm sure they'll be able to eventually get the stainless steel pipes as well. In the meanwhile I recommend just dealing with adana directly. Sorry I haven't had any good news about working with them thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Any chance you will find any stainless steel lily pipes?
aquaful is offline   Reply With Quote