New and improved PT.net Fish Database ~ need submissions!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
CampCreekTexas
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)

New and improved PT.net Fish Database ~ need submissions!

Kyle worked long and hard on revamping the Fish and Plant Databases here on the Planted Tank. They now have a clean, fresh look and are much more user friendly. Take a look ~ they're now accessible from the "Fish Profiles" and "Plant Profiles" links at the top of each page. All of the profiles from the old databases have been moved into them, but they still need more profiles.

Here's where you come in...

If you have a good photo of a fish or plant, upload it! If you don't see a profile listed for your particular fish or plant, add it! If you don't know the details about the fish or plant, do a quick Google search and compare two or three sites' information to make sure the info you're adding is accurate. It's easy! If you don't want to go to the trouble of adding a new profile, but have photos you won't mind being posted, PM them to me and I'll do the legwork.

Don't have any photos? You can still help! Look up some fish or plants you have experience with and add a comment to as many as you like. Real experience from real people is what will make these databases invaluable resources for new and old aquarists alike.

If anybody has any questions about this ~ what to add, how to add it, etc. ~ feel free to post here or PM me. I'll be glad to help you any way I can.
How many watts do I need to make my swimming pool a high light tank?

CampCreekTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
KnaveTO
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yes thank-you all for your hardwork and dedication to thei project. I will be sure to add information and pictures as I have them.
My 65 gal Tank Parameters & Stock
My 65 gal Tall Tank Parameters & Stock
KnaveTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:35 AM   #3
supaflyz
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Those info are very helpful. Nice job and I hope you guys continue to expand the different type of fish.
supaflyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
CampCreekTexas
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)

Thanks, but I've hardly done anything. Kyle's the one that's done the hard work, spending weeks coding both of those. And Wolffen, Wasser and Yoink moved the vast majority of the old DB info into the new. So I figured I'd make up for my slack lately by doing some "cheerleading".

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyz View Post
I hope you guys continue to expand the different type of fish.
That's what YOU need to do, Supaflyz! Or you can also go in there, look up some fish and plants you've grown, and add a comment. That'll add a LOT of value to these.

Thank YOU, KnaveTO, for adding to it! Even if you only have time to do one every now and then, it'll add up and before we know it, both databases will be FULL of great info.
How many watts do I need to make my swimming pool a high light tank?

CampCreekTexas is offline   Reply With Quote