Dwarf baby tears help~ - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 09-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
gus6464
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Take a look at an aquatek regulator. They are around $80 and a 5lb tank will run you about $50.
gus6464 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #17
Fat Guy
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

Your photo period is way too long. think of your light as a gas pedal. You are stepping on the gas pedal but it looks like your tank is running out of gas (co2). I would invest in a pressurized setup with a good solenoid and needle valve and reduce your photo period by three hours. also, continue with doing water changes maybe every other day and dose some ferts....feed your plants not just with light but with co2 macros and micros. It also looks like you planted your hc in clumps. I have had more success when planting smaller bunches of 2 to 3 stems together. When you clump them together like that the plants take longer to establish and you can experience some root degeneration. good luck.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #18
loveflying
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieeex3 View Post
Darn I checked out nilocg ad on sns and it looks like I have to turn on and off the co2 manually. I'm busy most the day so I can't be home to baby sit my tank
If you are looking for a reg with solenoid then perhaps you can checkout the aquatek mini. It's on amzaon with free two day shipping for prime members. It's a bit more expensive but it does have a solenoid that you can plug into a timer
loveflying is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #19
greenteam
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)

Anything good setup has that initial cost, but in the long run its worth it. Like I said mine has been running with out a need to be touched for a year. I hated having to do the DIY mix and I can't say enough good things about the difference a real Co2 setup does.

This is the setup I purchased firs Regulator (Comes with free Co2 Diffuser so thats bonus):
Amazon.com: Basic AQUATEK CO2 Regulator with COOL TOUCH SOLENOID: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Basic AQUATEK CO2 Regulator with COOL TOUCH SOLENOID: Sports & Outdoors

Then the 5lb tank:

Amazon.com: 5 LB CO2 Cylinder, Aluminum: Kitchen & Dining Amazon.com: 5 LB CO2 Cylinder, Aluminum: Kitchen & Dining
Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
Charlieeex3
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I have been thinking about buying aquatek co2 regulator mini with 20oz co2 bottle for a few days now and it's driving me insane. Can anyone convince me why I should go with pressurize co2 instead of my DIY co2 for my 5.5 gallons? I don't want to spend $140 for something when I can get co2 into my tank for a few cents by just mixing sugar and yeast.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #21
Luminescent
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteam View Post
Also a DIY can't be stopped at night so it pumps into the tank even when lights are off and the plants can't absorb it.
I just run CO2 for a few hours a day- usually during my first photoperiod: 9am to 1pm. Then I just pull the airline off the top of the canister. It just vents out. I am sure my houseplants next to it are appreciative

I have a pincher valve on the airline and have it adjusted to 1bub per second in an acrylic ladder set up. I also half dose Excel a few times a week.

At night I drop an air stone in when lights go out.
Luminescent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #22
Charlieeex3
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Just received my aquatek co2 mini regulator and my 20z tank. Does anyone have the same problem I'm having? When I set the flow of co2 of how I want, in a few hours it decreases to almost nothing and I have to fine tune my knob again back up. Also will pressurize co2 help my baby tears grow better now since I have more co2 for my high light?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.