Moss wall
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 09-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
peachii
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Moss wall

I re-did a 10 gallon with a slate rock wall, with spaces in between for moss to be super glued. Today I'm ready to start putting the moss on and flood it to plant, got my tub of plants ready and all. Got to looking around and my super glue is empty

Can i use the silicone in a very light coat to put the moss on and not have to wait the 24-48 hours to cure before I flood it? Can't run to the store at the moment to get more super glue. Maybe I should just wait a few days but I don't wanna if I can use something I have on hand right now.

I also have some Loctite Crafter's Indoor Safe Adhesive but cannot find the actual ingredients on it anywhere. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot as I've never tried to look up ingredients in glue before. I won't use it at all before I find the ingredients, as it -probably- isn't safe to use, at least I will assume that until i see the ingredients myself.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Edub
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

if it was me, id wait till i could go out and buy more superglue. I wouldnt trust silicone without letting it cure, and I wouldnt trust other glue at all unless i knew for certain it was aquarium safe.

I know waiting sucks but you could be avoiding a much bigger headache down the road.
Edub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
lochaber
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

It's probably easiest just to go out and buy some more superglue.

I wouldn't use the silicone, I imagine it wouldn't be good for the moss, and putting it in water before it's cured wouldn't be good for the water/tank either.

maybe you can sorta wedge the moss into the spaces using bits of wood (toothpicks chopsticks), bits of foam (old filter material, stryofoam chunks from food packaging), or little bent tabs of plastic (cut from water/soda bottles, etc.)
lochaber is offline   Reply With Quote