iOS 7 - thoughts? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #31
Axelrod12
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

One other thing I don't like, I have to swipe left instead of right to delete emails and texts. I'm so used to the right swipe that I haven't failed to try it yet before realizing I need to swipe left. I even sat there confused for a few seconds a couple times.
Axelrod12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #32
sick lid
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ok, so yes my battery life has suffered some. I expect future updates may address this. Hated calendar until I figured it out. Actually, the whole thing is just a learning process. Change is sometimes difficult to adjust to, but the more I figure out, the more I like it. Except battery drain :/
32g tall eclipse3, fluval403, with a handful of bristlenose plecs.180gallon corner in-wall build journal
sick lid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:18 AM   #33
jkan0228
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (113/100%)

One thing with battery that I've noticed is that when you go to settings ---> general ---> Background App Refresh, the apps that refresh constantly take up a lot of battery life especially the ones that use location services.
jkan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #34
CatFishStryk
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick lid View Post
Ok, so yes my battery life has suffered some. I expect future updates may address this. Hated calendar until I figured it out. Actually, the whole thing is just a learning process. Change is sometimes difficult to adjust to, but the more I figure out, the more I like it. Except battery drain :/
Battery life on my 5 has been worse than my 4 was (suspect LTE vs 3G) but I do agree that it has gotten even worse with iOS7. Doubting they will ever do anything about that, since they never did with iOS6.
CatFishStryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #35
ADJAquariums
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Just realized iOS7 added some much needed space to my phone, now I have 3 gigs as opposed to... whatever the download was for the update was all I had room for

Then I saw it. I saw a mom who would die for her son. A man who would kill for his wife. A boy, angry and alone. Laid out in front of him, the bad path. I saw it. And the path was a circle. Round and round. So I changed it.
-Joe (Looper 2012)
ADJAquariums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #36
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

I am on the fence. To me, it feels like they made it much more android like in appearance. I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing because I think the previous look was boring and most android phones I have played around with (never owned one) seem overly complex with layout. I am on the fence, as said, but the more I use it, the more I am used to it.

My battery seems to drain faster but I am checking a lot of stuff out.

One major problem I am having is WIFI. I will admit I don't have the best WIFI signal throughout my house but now I am getting "cannot connect to server" a whole bunch. Normally I would not attribute this to an OS upgrade but I test my wife's phone (same phone) and it works like my old did. It seems now if I have a week WIFI signal, it just doesn't work at all, rather than being a bit slow. I find myself turning off my wifi when in certain rooms.

I do like how I can easily add a lot of pictures to message and email. I know you can do that on the old iOS but I never did it much so it wasn't worth the time looking it up online and seeing how to do it, the few times I needed it. Now I find myself using the multiple picture function way more as it is actually intuitive now.

I don't find it slower but I do find I get short hang ups. Some are Apple apps, more are 3rd party apps.

I am likely not the best reviewer, I am not super into Apple stuff, to me it's just my phone. I feel like all issues will be resolved in updates anyway so I am not going backwards.

The best thing for me about the update is in some ways, I feel like I have a new phone, for good and for bad. I am sure that isn't something Apple wants to hear but it took my want to upgrade down quite a bit. Not that I would upgrade until my contract allows me but I won't be saving my pennies for the 5s (I have a 4s so even though people are disappointed with the 5s, I am not because it will be a good upgrade from the 4s). I may wait for the 6 even, not sure what that will be but I like the size of my 4s, the 5/5s is fine, I don't think the 6 will be smaller but it may bring the cost down.

I know that is semi off topic, just saying that the new iOS is intriguing enough with the new look to make me feel like I just bought a new phone so I am content with just something new, as said, with the good and the bad.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #37
PatriotP
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Anybody else experience no weather in your notification center? my roommate gets a little forecast but i get nothing. Stocks are there, calendar is there, no weather, anyone else?
PatriotP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #38
AguaTropical
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotP View Post
Anybody else experience no weather in your notification center? my roommate gets a little forecast but i get nothing. Stocks are there, calendar is there, no weather, anyone else?
Location services has to be on for the weather app. The setting can be found below:

Settings-->Privacy-->Location services-->weather-->On

If that doesn't work, try restarting your phone.

20L Rimless
40G Breeder Tank
AguaTropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #39
PatriotP
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaTropical View Post
Location services has to be on for the weather app. The setting can be found below:

Settings-->Privacy-->Location services-->weather-->On

If that doesn't work, try restarting your phone.
Wow thanks worked perfect. Still wish they'd let us have some more options as to how it appears. But at least I have the basic now! Thanks!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
PatriotP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #40
sick lid
Planted Tank Enthusiast

THe more I use it, the more I like it. @ primo, afaik you can't go back.
32g tall eclipse3, fluval403, with a handful of bristlenose plecs.180gallon corner in-wall build journal
sick lid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #41
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (54/100%)

One issue I'm having now that I didn't have with IOS 6 is when I listened to music in my car and was using Google Maps Directions it would toggle between the two apps by playing music until there was audio instructions (when you were close to a turn) and then automatically go back to music. Now with IOS 7 if I keep the screen on maps even with no audio directions it won't play the music in the background. Anyone else have this problem or know how to correct?
houseofcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #42
Jack Gilvey
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm still rocking my iPhone 4 (3 years old now?) and am in no rush to get a new phone, or even to change my OS version. I guess I'll have to update at some point, though.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #43
dj2606
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
One issue I'm having now that I didn't have with IOS 6 is when I listened to music in my car and was using Google Maps Directions it would toggle between the two apps by playing music until there was audio instructions (when you were close to a turn) and then automatically go back to music. Now with IOS 7 if I keep the screen on maps even with no audio directions it won't play the music in the background. Anyone else have this problem or know how to correct?
go to settings --> maps --> no voice

for the music

1.settings --> music make sure volume limit is turned off

2. also check volume. pull up control panel (swipe upwards ). should be 2 scales brightness and volume see if your volume is up.

Also does your phone play music if not connected to bluetooth with maps open?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #44
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (54/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2606 View Post
go to settings --> maps --> no voice

for the music

1.settings --> music make sure volume limit is turned off

2. also check volume. pull up control panel (swipe upwards ). should be 2 scales brightness and volume see if your volume is up.

Also does your phone play music if not connected to bluetooth with maps open?
Thanks for the info. Just to be clear, I'm using Google Maps not the Apple Maps program. Basically, I usually (under ios 6) was able to listen to music via bluetooth or and had turn-by-turn directions going on Google Maps, when a turn came up the audio would switch from music to the Google Maps program now the audio doesn't switch back to the music once the verbal instruction are done in Google Maps.
houseofcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #45
Subtletanks91
Suspended

PTrader: (36/100%)

How do I get to my book marks on the safari browser now. This new look I like but I need my bookmarks!

Subtletanks91 is offline   Reply With Quote