Current USA PRODUCT LAUNCH - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Current-USA and Ecoxotic

Old 09-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #61
Current USA
Sponsor

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpappy789 View Post
So Brian, would this work then with the Pro timers?

Just want to make sure I could run an extension from a bit further away and run two Sat+'s on the same timer.
Hey Jpappy,

Can you clarify what extension you're referring to? Not quite getting what you mean. As for the dual ramp, it will just be the single ramp with 2 channels. IT will not have moonlight function. The pro however, will. This is why we don't like to release information too early. There are constant changes until it is finally done.

Kevin

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #62
jpappy789
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current USA View Post
Hey Jpappy,

Can you clarify what extension you're referring to? Not quite getting what you mean. As for the dual ramp, it will just be the single ramp with 2 channels. IT will not have moonlight function. The pro however, will. This is why we don't like to release information too early. There are constant changes until it is finally done.

Kevin
Hey Kevin, I figured my explanation was a bit vague.

Hopefully this picture better explains what I am asking.

Basically I want to know, when using the Pro time, whether both Sat+ need to be physically plugged into the timer or if one could be plugged in via an extension cord.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #63
londonloco
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

OK, so I have three of these fixtures. I'm redoing my "fish room" and when it's done, two will be on a rack and one will be across the room. If I'm reading these threads correctly, I'll probably need two timers. One for the rack as I can link two fixtures easily together, and one for the 75g across the room. Is this a correct assumption?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #64
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Availabilty in europe is somewhat lacking
Matsnork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #65
gagaliya
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

how much longer do we have to wait before able to purchase the CURRENT USA RAMP TIMERS? zzzz.....
Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #66
jpappy789
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
how much longer do we have to wait before able to purchase the CURRENT USA RAMP TIMERS? zzzz.....
I'm assuming that, according to the contest announcement thread, the release date for ramp timers should be soon. October was thrown around before and they are at least ready to give away a ramp timer now so I wouldn't expect it to be that much longer for the rest of the public.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #67
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Just in time for Xmas... I think the Pro timer would make for a nice stocking stuffer!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #68
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Kevin, I figured my explanation was a bit vague.

Hopefully this picture better explains what I am asking.

Basically I want to know, when using the Pro time, whether both Sat+ need to be physically plugged into the timer or if one could be plugged in via an extension cord.
The pro timers are still in the works so I don't have an exact answer for you yet. But from playing around with the prototype, I don't think it will work. I forwarded your message to our Tech to double check though. So I'll get back to you asap

Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #69
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
The single ramp, within 2 weeks!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #70
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
The pro timers are still in the works so I don't have an exact answer for you yet. But from playing around with the prototype, I don't think it will work. I forwarded your message to our Tech to double check though. So I'll get back to you asap
So turns out, it would work for 2 lights. Both Satellite+ would need to be plugged into the timer. You can use one transformer to power both off the Ramp Timer, but both need to be plugged into it. It has two channels, so plugging two lights into it isn't an issue. Let me know if that answers your question!

Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #71
jpappy789
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
So turns out, it would work for 2 lights. Both Satellite+ would need to be plugged into the timer. You can use one transformer to power both off the Ramp Timer, but both need to be plugged into it. It has two channels, so plugging two lights into it isn't an issue. Let me know if that answers your question!
I'm a bit confused...how do you use one transformer for two lights?

From what it seems based on what you said, the transformer (which has the male DC plug) is what is connecting to the timers...correct? If so, I would think that you could plug in the transformer to an extension cord to run that to the timer then...

But if it connects to the female DC plug on the fixture then that would be a bit of a struggle to reach the timer.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #72
zodduska
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
I'm a bit confused...how do you use one transformer for two lights?

From what it seems based on what you said, the transformer (which has the male DC plug) is what is connecting to the timers...correct? If so, I would think that you could plug in the transformer to an extension cord to run that to the timer then...

But if it connects to the female DC plug on the fixture then that would be a bit of a struggle to reach the timer.
From how I understand it the timers go between the existing connection on your light's cable, so you would need a patch cable with the male and female ends of the same type if you wished to extend it to a second light that's farther away from the timer. It would be pretty simple to make if places like monoprice don't already have one.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #73
jpappy789
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodduska View Post
From how I understand it the timers go between the existing connection on your light's cable, so you would need a patch cable with the male and female ends of the same type if you wished to extend it to a second light that's farther away from the timer. It would be pretty simple to make if places like monoprice don't already have one.
See, I thought they ran inline too but I wasn't sure which is why I originally asked. Looking at the pictures of the ramp timer it has a DC input from the light and and output to the transformer, so obviously my "plan" wouldn't work then if the Pro timer works the same.

If I do get another Sat+ I'll have to find a DC extension.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #74
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
See, I thought they ran inline too but I wasn't sure which is why I originally asked. Looking at the pictures of the ramp timer it has a DC input from the light and and output to the transformer, so obviously my "plan" wouldn't work then if the Pro timer works the same.

If I do get another Sat+ I'll have to find a DC extension.
Hey guys, sorry if that wasn't clear.

The pro timer will have a female connection for the power supply and 2 male chords to connect to the lights. So if you can find a extension chord with same male and female parts, reaching from the timer to your light on the other side of the wall, it should work.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #75
jpappy789
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Hey guys, sorry if that wasn't clear.

The pro timer will have a female connection for the power supply and 2 male chords to connect to the lights. So if you can find a extension chord with same male and female parts, reaching from the timer to your light on the other side of the wall, it should work.
Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for the info!