East Coast Monster Fish Convention
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 08-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
the_deeb
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

East Coast Monster Fish Convention

Admittedly not really planted tank focused, but a great list of speakers nevertheless. Anyone else planning on going?

http://eastcoastmonsterfish.com/

the_deeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (204/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

I will be there
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Fishmommy
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I used to keep monster fish....looks like a great convention!

Sent from my gadget using Trippytalk HD
Fishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
Axelrodi202
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)

I live a 10 minute walk away from this. Definitely going.
\_\
Axelrodi202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (204/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

There are some speakers on there that have not been in the country for a few years, all new talks. Not all "monster" fish, but world class line up!
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #6
HybridHerp
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

If I wasn't in classes I'd be there lol

I started out as a monster person, then planted....now my 75 is sorta kinda a mix of the best of both imho :P
Old 08-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
fischfan13
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

The "Monster" is in the size of the "Konvention".

Here's some more good stuff...

As we have been telling everyone, after each talk during the konvention, eight talks in all, we will be giving away winners choice of an Aqueon 33g, 40g breeder, or 75g aquarium.
Well guess what...we were wrong!
After each talk we will be giving away the choice of each aquarium, with Aqueon versa tops, Aqueon LED's, an Aqueon Power Filter, an Aqueon heater and CaribSea Substrate. If you pick the 75g you will be walking away with over $350 in retail.
We will be giving away $5000 in merchandise during the weekend.

Have you ever been to a Konvention that has given away a 120g setup?
A 120g and a 90g setup?
A 120g, a 90g and a 72g bowfront setup?
Now add in eight 75g's. Eight 33g's. Four 40g breeders. A Coralife 29g Biocube. Also add in a 55g, a 29g, a 20g and OVER 20 LED Light Fixtures!
Have you ever been to a Konvention in a Kastle?
Free Yuengling? Two HUGE Auctions! A Drygood Vendors Room and Livestock Vendors Rooms too! Speakers from Europe and North America! Free Saturday Morning Breakfast!
Here is your chance...

There will be L-046's at The Konvention...make sure you get there on Saturday Night AND Sunday for BOTH of our auctions, and Sunday for our HUGE Synodontis/Pleco/Catfish Choice Raffle! The list of Plecos and Catfish will be spectacular! There will be fish donated from retailers from all over the US. For those on the East Coast who have been to a HUGE ECC Auction you know that we draw about 250-300 each auction, but add in an ALL-DONATION Saturday Night Auction with the HUGE ECC/MFK Sunday Auction and that number might skyrocket.

The amount of available rooms has dwindled down to just a few. As a matter of fact I had the hotel add a few extra rooms to our block just this week. Cutoff for the discounted hotel rate is September 3rd. Why not come in a day early or stay a day late as we are just 35 minutes outside of NYC!!!

If you have any issues getting a room please do not hesitate to contact me.
fischfan13 AT gmail.com.

-Bill
fischfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
CodOnMyRod
Algae Grower

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
The "Monster" is in the size of the "Konvention".

Here's some more good stuff...

As we have been telling everyone, after each talk during the konvention, eight talks in all, we will be giving away winners choice of an Aqueon 33g, 40g breeder, or 75g aquarium.
Well guess what...we were wrong!
After each talk we will be giving away the choice of each aquarium, with Aqueon versa tops, Aqueon LED's, an Aqueon Power Filter, an Aqueon heater and CaribSea Substrate. If you pick the 75g you will be walking away with over $350 in retail.
We will be giving away $5000 in merchandise during the weekend.

Have you ever been to a Konvention that has given away a 120g setup?
A 120g and a 90g setup?
A 120g, a 90g and a 72g bowfront setup?
Now add in eight 75g's. Eight 33g's. Four 40g breeders. A Coralife 29g Biocube. Also add in a 55g, a 29g, a 20g and OVER 20 LED Light Fixtures!
Have you ever been to a Konvention in a Kastle?
Free Yuengling? Two HUGE Auctions! A Drygood Vendors Room and Livestock Vendors Rooms too! Speakers from Europe and North America! Free Saturday Morning Breakfast!
Here is your chance...

There will be L-046's at The Konvention...make sure you get there on Saturday Night AND Sunday for BOTH of our auctions, and Sunday for our HUGE Synodontis/Pleco/Catfish Choice Raffle! The list of Plecos and Catfish will be spectacular! There will be fish donated from retailers from all over the US. For those on the East Coast who have been to a HUGE ECC Auction you know that we draw about 250-300 each auction, but add in an ALL-DONATION Saturday Night Auction with the HUGE ECC/MFK Sunday Auction and that number might skyrocket.

The amount of available rooms has dwindled down to just a few. As a matter of fact I had the hotel add a few extra rooms to our block just this week. Cutoff for the discounted hotel rate is September 3rd. Why not come in a day early or stay a day late as we are just 35 minutes outside of NYC!!!

If you have any issues getting a room please do not hesitate to contact me.
fischfan13 AT gmail.com.

-Bill
Oh no, now more people know. That means i have to buy more pleco raffle tickets . I am just kidding of course ( on the part of more people knowing, because i plan on winning a few plecos ) . An incredible line up of speakers covering all types of topics, all types of giveaways, 2 huge auctions that will have everything you can think of, and the pleco catfish raffle will make for an amazing weekend. Bill's auctions also always have a great assortment of plants . Don't let the monster name scare you away, there will be a little of everything for everyone. I'll be there and hopefully will come home with some new plecos and a tank or 2 to put them in .

- Ruben
CodOnMyRod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #9
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

I'd love to get here at least for the 20th. Not a far ride from Brooklyn, can't wait!
furnfins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #10
CodOnMyRod
Algae Grower

Starts tomorrow. Anyone else going? I plan on being there alll 3 days. Hope to see some of you there.

- Ruben
Old 09-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
Axelrodi202
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)

Will be there early evening tomorrow. If anyone has interesting plants they can bring with them I am interested.
\_\
Axelrodi202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
Mr. Limpet
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I wish I could make it! Great hotel - I'll be a vendor at the Chiller Theatre con there next month.
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Something came up and I can't make it, have fun whoever goes. Enjoy!
furnfins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #14
CodOnMyRod
Algae Grower

The convention was all it was made out to be and a whole lot more. The speakers were amazing. Even though I was there mainly for Ingos talk, I sat in all the talks except for one and they were all entertaining and very interesting. You guys would have loved Rachels talk on inverts and nano fish. The auctions were unbelievable and the diversity of fish found there was just out of this world. There were all types of equipment and dry goods donated that were auctioned and raffled off. Even I got lucky and won an Aqueon Evolve 8 nano tank setup in one of the raffles. I came home with some new plecos, a bunch of pleco caves from SCC, a bunch of food samples from Aqueon, Hikari and Zoo Med, and met up with some old friends and made a lot of new friends. They are already planning next years Konvention, and if its half of what this one was, it is not to be missed.

- Ruben

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.