EZ Dosing Syringe/Stopper Combo @ Walgreens
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
ge2655
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

EZ Dosing Syringe/Stopper Combo @ Walgreens

Not truly a DIY and not an original idea but the inclusion of the bottle stopper makes this an easy way to remove liquid from bottle when dosing with a syringe.

Regards,
-Gary

Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Hmoobthor
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

awsome..whats it call?
Eheim Pimp Club #506
Hmoobthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
difrent7
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

My mom works at Walgreens I use free eye droppers from the pharmacy for now but this seems like a better idea. Thanks for the video
difrent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
Dolfan
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I know this is an older thread, but I was searching today for a syringe or method to be able to get down to the liquid at the bottom of the bottle with my current syringe or with one that had a longer needle. This seems like it may be a viable option.

I have a few questions for anyone that has used these "stoppers" or has seen one. Do you leave them in the bottle? Can the cap screw on over the stopper? Or do you have to remove the stopper each time and wash/dry etc?

Does anyone else have any solutions for this dilemma, like where to get a longer syringe? I currently use a small syringe that I got from the pharmacy with some baby medicine for my daughter a while back. It works well, but is small at only 5ml and doesn't reach down very far into bottles. Any help or tips would be great, thanks in advance.
Dolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
lochaber
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

You could find some tubing that would fit over the syringe nozzle, maybe some airline or a straw or coffee stirrer or something?

Don't worry about filling the tubing - go by the markings on the syringe and start with it completely empty

like, if you need 1mL, start with a completely empty syringe/tubing, plunger fully depressed. Stick the tubing into the liquid, and pull back the plunger until you get to the 1mL mark. If you aren't certain, invert the syringe and pull back on the plunger until you get all the liquid in the syringe, and then push in the plunger to eliminate the air from the syringe chamber, and double check the measurement.

As to the stopper in the vid, it looks like it sits in the neck of the bottle, so you should be able to leave it in and recap the bottle.

Last edited by lochaber; 09-19-2013 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: forgot stopper stuff...
lochaber is offline   Reply With Quote