Activity - Page 29
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 09-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #421
Blackheart
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

Just got my 2 bags of eco complete in the mail from amazon for 55 bucks. I don't know if that's gonna be enough for my 40g breeder though...
Blackheart is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #422
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Just got my 2 bags of eco complete in the mail from amazon for 55 bucks. I don't know if that's gonna be enough for my 40g breeder though...
If u need more I have some for sale it's used.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #423
Duckmasta
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:

I go on a general rule of 1.5 lbs per gallon of tank, so far that has averaged me at a 2" depth on my many various tank sizes from 5.5 -100g
Old 09-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #424
Doogy262
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Hi all,I live in Warren outside of the D and have a 40 gal. planted tank and am in the process of putting together a 90 gallon angel tank.I am semi retired from Kroger and have been a meat cutter for 47 years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (38.5 KB, 10 views)
Doogy262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #425
Duckmasta
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogy262 View Post
Hi all,I live in Warren outside of the D and have a 40 gal. planted tank and am in the process of putting together a 90 gallon angel tank.I am semi retired from Kroger and have been a meat cutter for 47 years.
looks great! cant wait to see the angel tank
Old 09-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #426
chan0482
Algae Grower

Hey everyone!

I grew up in the GR area. I moved away for 8 years to Chicago, but a week ago I moved back! I'm living in Grandville now.

The move was a pain, I have 7 aquariums and an aquatic turtle tank (in addition to a few snake cages, a timor monitor in a 65g, a crested gecko 18g, and box turtle 40B)....... Everything is all up and running now (as is my internet now, woo ) The only casualties were 2 poor julii corys , but out of all the tanks and critters i had to move Im quite happy with those results.

Good to see an active group around this area! Is anyone in my area selling/trading currently? I need lots of plants! some shrimp! and some more fish! I will be putting up quite a few more aquariums in the next few months. I have room for at least 6 more 5-30g in my man room(aka the Sealab). My gf wants a 55-75g african tank and a nano reef with pom poms in the bedroom, plus a 30ish gal riparium and a bigger reef like 90ish in the living room!)

at the moment i need cherry shrimp and celestial pearl danios... also could use a lot of plants to add to my newly dirted 55g community tank... lots of holes to fill
chan0482 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #427
245Bettalover
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan0482 View Post
Hey everyone!

I grew up in the GR area. I moved away for 8 years to Chicago, but a week ago I moved back! I'm living in Grandville now.

The move was a pain, I have 7 aquariums and an aquatic turtle tank (in addition to a few snake cages, a timor monitor in a 65g, a crested gecko 18g, and box turtle 40B)....... Everything is all up and running now (as is my internet now, woo ) The only casualties were 2 poor julii corys , but out of all the tanks and critters i had to move Im quite happy with those results.

Good to see an active group around this area! Is anyone in my area selling/trading currently? I need lots of plants! some shrimp! and some more fish! I will be putting up quite a few more aquariums in the next few months. I have room for at least 6 more 5-30g in my man room(aka the Sealab). My gf wants a 55-75g african tank and a nano reef with pom poms in the bedroom, plus a 30ish gal riparium and a bigger reef like 90ish in the living room!)

at the moment i need cherry shrimp and celestial pearl danios... also could use a lot of plants to add to my newly dirted 55g community tank... lots of holes to fill
Welcome
245Bettalover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #428
Doogy262
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Thanks Duckmaster,looking forward to setting up the big one,all I need is the tank,stand,lights,filter,substrate,heater,plants,w ater and fish than I will be up and running.lol
Welcome back to Michigan Chan...
Doogy262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #429
mrpixel
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan0482 View Post
at the moment i need cherry shrimp and celestial pearl danios...

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=432785
mrpixel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #430
chan0482
Algae Grower

thank you, very much.
chan0482 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #431
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

So update on the status of my running tanks.

2 55 Gallons running, one still housing an Oscar, the other a planted community.
1 29 gallon, Mixed African cichlids.
1 15 gallon Kuhli loach Dojo. planted
4 10 gallons, Betta, Convicts, Meeki. planted. and a pleco/planted box.
1 5 gallon curved corner tank RCS and definitely planted.
1 5 gallon standard planted with growout for africans.
1 3 gallon bowfront Kuhlis and ghosties. planted.
1 3 gallon cube, guppies planted.
1 2.1 gallon guppies snails planted.
1 1.1 gallon guppies planted
1 .75 gallon bowl RCS snails planted.

And about 3-5 at any given time, plant holding/quarantine cups, boxes, jars.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #432
Blackheart
Wannabe Guru

Excited that I finally set up my 40 gallon breeder. No plants in it or anything yet, but its a start.

I majorly majorly messed up the background. I spray painted this black background on with spray paint, and the paint wasn't that good so it didn't cover... So I got a better brand that worked better, filled in with the rest with this kind... by the time it was all done, though, it looked like 2 different kinds of black in it. So I wasn't happy with it at all. So I then went to work scraping the entire back off with a small razor... wasn't fun at all. Just decided to go plain for no with no background after all that trouble.
Blackheart is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #433
HuntCast
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Excited that I finally set up my 40 gallon breeder. No plants in it or anything yet, but its a start.

I majorly majorly messed up the background. I spray painted this black background on with spray paint, and the paint wasn't that good so it didn't cover... So I got a better brand that worked better, filled in with the rest with this kind... by the time it was all done, though, it looked like 2 different kinds of black in it. So I wasn't happy with it at all. So I then went to work scraping the entire back off with a small razor... wasn't fun at all. Just decided to go plain for no with no background after all that trouble.
Depending on your dimensions, you can buy a big piece of black (or any other color) foam core board at WalMart or tons of other places for about two bucks. Cut it to fit the front, then tape it to the back. Instant color background you can change whenever you have the urge.
HuntCast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #434
Duckmasta
Algae Grower

Quote:

Myself, i used 5% limo tint. Its lil work to get it applied but its sorta cool to be able to see thru from the back side of the tank, yet from the front it looks solid black.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #435
Mebbid
Algae Grower

I'm Brandon. I live right near downtown mount pleasant.

I am currently a nursing student at MMCC

I have 6 tanks currently running
1 55g planted community
1 10g planted betta
3 10g assorted shrimp tanks
1 20g soon to be 40g reef

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.