5.5 gallon room tank - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

I did have a question with the cling wrap on the tank it looks pretty soggy in there should the plants always look soaked at all times or should I take the cling wrap off part of the time or keep it on ? I know I should let some fresh air in from time to time
JEFF9922 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF9922 View Post
I did have a question with the cling wrap on the tank it looks pretty soggy in there should the plants always look soaked at all times or should I take the cling wrap off part of the time or keep it on ? I know I should let some fresh air in from time to time

???
Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
thebuddha
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)

I peel the cling wrap back about .5-1" at one of the corners. that way it doesnt get as stagnant in there
thebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #19
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well looks like I failed on doing a ug carpet is all slimy and molding will be pulling it out decided not going to do a carpet just some stems
Old 09-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #20
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

All ug gone and went ahead and flooded tank with driftwood moss , will be ordering back ground plants soon
Old 09-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

I decided to get a aqua clear 20 hob it looks ok behind the statue . Might put a black background on it . I had to remove some of the moss from the driftwood since it started to turn brown from the failed dsm . it does look like it will recover as it is still staying green . Anybody have any suggestions on what I can put in the pot thing the statue is holding that would look cool , I was thinking about some mini fessins , not sure if I spelled that right

Last edited by JEFF9922; 10-08-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #22
kubiztzar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I like the set-up. It's fun and has lots of potential. Black background for sure. A handful of red/bronze stem plants far left behind buddha would compliment the aged,bronze parts on the statue itself. Maybe a fern as a transition to the moss - tied to the hidden part of the driftwood behind buddha's left knee. Let the moss go crazy and dominate the other side - no stem plants behind it. I like it better without the ug and would keep the front open unless maybe small patch of e.tennellus (again with the accentuating of the bronze) around buddha's right knee. And a small portion of flame moss tied to a rock and drop it in buddha's bowl. Have fun. Will keep an eye on this one.
kubiztzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #23
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

I decided it was time to trim the S. Repens in my other tank so I wanted to see what it look like with some in front of the statue .

Last edited by JEFF9922; 10-08-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubiztzar View Post
I like the set-up. It's fun and has lots of potential. Black background for sure. A handful of red/bronze stem plants far left behind buddha would compliment the aged,bronze parts on the statue itself. Maybe a fern as a transition to the moss - tied to the hidden part of the driftwood behind buddha's left knee. Let the moss go crazy and dominate the other side - no stem plants behind it. I like it better without the ug and would keep the front open unless maybe small patch of e.tennellus (again with the accentuating of the bronze) around buddha's right knee. And a small portion of flame moss tied to a rock and drop it in buddha's bowl. Have fun. Will keep an eye on this one.
I would like to put some plants behind the statue but I have the heater behind it ,how close can the plants be to the heater
Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #25
kubiztzar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

no experience with heaters so hard to say, but I can't imagine any plant would want a heater stuck right up in its business all day.

if you have trimmings from your other tank, just give it a try. Or you could move down a bit and plant a small patch behind buddha's left shoulder which would allow for at least some separation. If there's any impedence there with the filter, then just hang it over the moss.

s.repens looks good. nicely proportioned. plant the bowl or tie whatever moss you have to a rock and drop it in. looking forward to the results there either way
kubiztzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
JEFF9922
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well the moss has not rebounded from the failed dsm so took it off ,also removed the statue due to it not being made for water , when I did a water change there was a slimmy film on the glass . the statue was made of fiberglass and to make it sit sidways I cut the buttom off and I think I was letting off resin from the none painted fiberglass . So I drained and cleaned the tank and rinsed the substrate and put everthing back in , moved the S. Repens back in a diffrent spot ,will be getting some more stem plants on payday to fill in other side but for now trying dsm again with the repens , moss still on wood but is removed now

MAN THIS TANK IS KICKING MY BUTT

Last edited by JEFF9922; 10-08-2013 at 03:26 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.