Massachusetts. How many out there? - Page 16
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Massachusetts


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #226
Say Car Ramrod
Algae Grower
 
Say Car Ramrod's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Marshfield, MA
Posts: 128
Default

Massachusetts. How many out there?


Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjam View Post
Springfield Massachusetts here! Anyone else from the western part of the state? I found a great place for plants in Northampton, called AquaViewDesign.com . They focus on aquascaping freshwater tanks, and have a small shop where they sell fish and plants for planted tanks (you won't find oscars there). Check it out if you are out west!

I was a member of the pvas out here, and will be going to their next meeting.
I just graduated from Westfield State and I would go to aqua view designs pretty often. Definitely a good place to find some hard to find plants. I talked to the woman who owns it about shrimp for a solid half hour. Good to know there is a solid shrimp breeder out west. There's also a pretty good place in Southampton and one in Manchester, CT. I became an expert on the aquarium stores out there haha.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
Say Car Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #227
stanjam
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
stanjam's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Car Ramrod View Post
I just graduated from Westfield State and I would go to aqua view designs pretty often. Definitely a good place to find some hard to find plants. I talked to the woman who owns it about shrimp for a solid half hour. Good to know there is a solid shrimp breeder out west. There's also a pretty good place in Southampton and one in Manchester, CT. I became an expert on the aquarium stores out there haha.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
The one in soho used to be in Hadley. Good store. Which one in CT? I could use a road trip in a couple weeks when we go looking for more fish.
stanjam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #228
Say Car Ramrod
Algae Grower
 
Say Car Ramrod's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Marshfield, MA
Posts: 128
Default Re: Massachusetts. How many out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjam View Post
The one in soho used to be in Hadley. Good store. Which one in CT? I could use a road trip in a couple weeks when we go looking for more fish.
It's Aquatic Wildlife Company. I bought a coral frag and he gave me the endlers that I was also buying for free! The prices there were pretty good and they had a really good selection of everything.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
Say Car Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #229
h4n
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (713/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlton, Mass
Posts: 4,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Car Ramrod View Post
It's Aquatic Wildlife Company. I bought a coral frag and he gave me the endlers that I was also buying for free! The prices there were pretty good and they had a really good selection of everything.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
I might have to check out that spot!

Hows there live plants?
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #230
Say Car Ramrod
Algae Grower
 
Say Car Ramrod's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Marshfield, MA
Posts: 128
Default Re: Massachusetts. How many out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
I might have to check out that spot!

Hows there live plants?
They have an awesome selection of plants. Much more than any LFS that I have seen yet. All the plants are healthy unlike a lot of places that I've been to. They also have some cardinia and neocardinia that are kind of pricey but they fall within the typical LFS prices for neos and cardinia.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
Say Car Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #231
h4n
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (713/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlton, Mass
Posts: 4,910
Default Re: Massachusetts. How many out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Car Ramrod View Post
They have an awesome selection of plants. Much more than any LFS that I have seen yet. All the plants are healthy unlike a lot of places that I've been to. They also have some cardinia and neocardinia that are kind of pricey but they fall within the typical LFS prices for neos and cardinia.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
Good to know..I got a lot of plants already but just sometimes lfs get some nice plants in.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #232
stanjam
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
stanjam's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 344
Default

There's always room for another plant! I know I can find it!
__________________
stanjam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #233
h4n
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (713/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlton, Mass
Posts: 4,910
Default Re: Massachusetts. How many out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjam View Post
There's always room for another plant! I know I can find it!
Ya I would need to get rid of a plant sp. To add another lol!

25 tanks all almost maxed out!

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #234
JBlais
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks for the welcome, sorry it took so long. I'm usually don't post much, normally just read other's posts. Does anyone here go to the Worcester Aquarium Society meetings? I was thinking of going and was wondering how it was.
JBlais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #235
LSylvia
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rehoboth, MA, United States
Posts: 2
Default

Just registered, from Rehoboth here! I've been keeping freshwater tanks for about six years now. Pretty soon I'll be getting some GBR's and I'd LOVE to convert my 10 gallon 'fry tank' into a red cherry shrimp tank. I just need the shrimp... and the sand. >.>
LSylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #236
h4n
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (713/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlton, Mass
Posts: 4,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSylvia View Post
Just registered, from Rehoboth here! I've been keeping freshwater tanks for about six years now. Pretty soon I'll be getting some GBR's and I'd LOVE to convert my 10 gallon 'fry tank' into a red cherry shrimp tank. I just need the shrimp... and the sand. >.>
welcome!

let the shrimp addiction start! lol!
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #237
rororo
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 14
Default

Another from Stoughton
rororo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #238
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (26/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston ma
Posts: 697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerechase View Post
Cambridge, MA here
What's up neighbor Cambridge MA in here!
newbieplanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012