Need help choosing chemicals for crystal red tank.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 09-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Fluval30CRS
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Need help choosing chemicals for crystal red tank.

Hello planted tank

Just looking into what chemicals I will need for my soon to be set up 2 foot crs tank. I will be using my tap water for wc ect the parameter of the water are...

Ph: 7.5ish
Kh: 3-4
Gh: 8-9
Nitrates: 0-20ppm
Nitrites:0
Ammonia:0

From what I've heard these parameters aren't too bad except it is a whole different story when I want crs especially when I WANT CO2 as love hc.

So from what I've read crs parameters should be...
Ph:6.2-6.8
Kh:0-2
Gh:5
Nitrate:0-20
Nitrite:0
Ammonia:0

So does anybody know what chemicals I should use to achieve these parameter. By the way could you also suggest amount of co2 going into the and weather I should or shouldn't put solenoid on it

Thanks
Fluval30CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

You can use RO water to achieve the lower hardness that you are aiming for. In terms of pH, you can achieve that with CO2 injection.

If you are planning to inject CO2, I would recommend you use a solenoid, as it will help you save gas in the long term.

In general, about 30 ppm of CO2 is a good concentration to have. The amount that you actually are injecting varies depending on size of aquarium, diffusion method, etc.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Fluval30CRS
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Unfortunately i am only a primary school student and only get pocket money and therefore I can't pay for RO water every week.

I would love to be able to run co2 on solenoid at 30ppm but there is one major problem, crs can't handle the Ph change at night so What I am really asking is will I need to have extra o2 injected at night so they don't suffocate and what ppm I can run during the day?
Fluval30CRS is offline   Reply With Quote