Eshopps overflow box
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 09-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
davidadelp
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Eshopps overflow box

I've got a 800 model on my 75g with a 29g sump the overflow box keeps pulling my smaller fish into it and getting stuck or getting pulled up against the sponge. How can I prevent this and still make any modifications look good
davidadelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

put a slower return pump on to lower the flow rate....

or throttle it back with ball valve.

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.
ReefkprZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
ua hua
Suspended

PTrader: (49/100%)

You can get some stainless steel mesh and bend it into a u shape and put over the overflow box. There is different sizes available so you will just pick the size the works.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #4
davidadelp
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I've got a ball valve on my pump but if u slow it down then the overflow out does the pump and it don't fill the tank up as fast. Will mesh not rust? I have to figure out something I have lost countless neons and danios and all of my guppies
davidadelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #5
ua hua
Suspended

PTrader: (49/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidadelp View Post
I've got a ball valve on my pump but if u slow it down then the overflow out does the pump and it don't fill the tank up as fast. Will mesh not rust? I have to figure out something I have lost countless neons and danios and all of my guppies
The stainless steel mesh won't.(Well it might a little after some time but not for awhile) Check item #190884708484 on [Ebay Link Removed] Just bend it over the overflow box. You will have to keep the plant debris cleaned off of it so it doesn't restrict flow.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote