from 125 marine to 75 fresh
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 09-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

from 125 marine to 75 fresh

soon I will be making the tough transition downsizing my tank from a 125g marine tank back to a freshwater planted 75g. haven't decided on how high tech to go but I will be using this thread as my spot to dump photos of the change.

Photos coming soon.

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.
ReefkprZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Mark Fisher
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

How do you downsize a tank from 125 gallons back to 75 gallons? I'll bet it requires a whole bunch of silicone!
Mark Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

its a magic trick I'll show you how its done once i get rid of all my live rock and fishes.

125g marine reef tank, 6 gallon fluval edge minimalist aquascape (in progress), 1 gallon aqueon evo 2 betta tank.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

started draining the 125g man what a load of work to get everything out of it.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

and just like that she is a 75g told you it would be like magic.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

and now it has water and a few plants. I'm going to be adding a piece of driftwood that I made out of several pieces later today but here is what it loks like right now.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ok got my driftwood creation in there. definitely alters the look of the tank greatly. I like it what do you guys think?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
du3ce
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)

I would take out that big slab of stone kinda detracts from the scape
Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
ReefkprZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I am going to plant low ground cover all over the tank (in theory) that should alter the look with the rock in place. its kind of blunt without plants edging it, true. in the long run though I think it will be a nice contrast to the green carpet surrounding it. but hey thats just my thought. who knows in 6 weeks I could decide I hate it and yank it out. unfortunately if I do that I will need more substrate it displaces quite a bit.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #10
Positron
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice, man. Let me know if you want some ludwigia 'cuba" I got tons of it, and we live in the same city
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote