aquarium stores in houston Tx?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Jessicafish
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

aquarium stores in houston Tx?

Can you recommend any aquarium stores or pet stores that have good fish supplies/fish I'm just in Houston for today and tomorrow, my town only has petsmart/co so I want to go to a ma and pa store because I've never been to one before... I'm staying in the clear lake/ pearland area also near friendswood and tomorrow I'll be in conroe! Recommend away
Jessicafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
Cyanider
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

ADG is working on a store in Houston, TX... I think. Here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/adgonline

You should try emailing them or calling them to see if you can visit! Not sure if they're open to the public yet.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
mnemenoi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Fish Gallery, Extreme, Houston Aquatics, Ultimate Fish, just depends on what your looking for in particular. Each has its own area of focus and there are quite a few cool shops in town. If your free tonight you can hit up Homeless Aquatics for the best stuff in town for ridiculously cheap prices... Head over to www.houstonfishbox.com for a detailed list of stores in whatever area you are in.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #4
Jessicafish
Algae Grower

I ended up going to a place called pet place in pearland tx... It was on my way to my grandmas house. They had your normal guppies, goldfish, bettas but they also had some of the more rare cichlids and some really big fish as well! They had some goldfish that were 8in+, an 12in oscar, a few 12in+ giant gouramis, 2 14in long red tailed cat fish, and they had an arowana but he wasn't very big yet! they also had crawfish! I saw red and ghost but they did have a tank for blue ones they must have been out... They also had some interesting pieces of driftwood and some type of root system that was really cool! those were really expensive thought... They did have a few plant tanks but I didn't really look in them because I knew they would have some cool ones and I couldn't transport them in the car... I did see a banana plant though... They had some really nice fake plants that were pretty good prices like if I didn't have planted tanks I would get those plants because they looked really nice!

Here's some other non-fish stuff! They had macaws and bunnies and puppies and frogs and all sorts of exotic birds! There was a lady in the store who was carrying around her blue and yellow macaw and he/she was talking, it was pretty cool! They had some ADORABLE puppies!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Sierra255
Planted Member

If you're in the area again, check out Aqua Zoo on El Dorado just west of Highway 3, next to the Jiffy Lube. They tend to specialize in cichlids, but have lots of other fish, too, as well as some plants. They're not well stocked in supplies, it's mostly just fish.
Sierra255 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
jarury
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra255 View Post
If you're in the area again, check out Aqua Zoo on El Dorado just west of Highway 3, next to the Jiffy Lube. They tend to specialize in cichlids, but have lots of other fish, too, as well as some plants. They're not well stocked in supplies, it's mostly just fish.
Just went there today, had lots of cool fish and some plants, must have just got a shipment cause they were putting some fish in the tanks and had lots of supplies it seemed to me, helpful staff. will definitely go back!
jarury is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
Sierra255
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarury View Post
Just went there today, had lots of cool fish and some plants, must have just got a shipment cause they were putting some fish in the tanks and had lots of supplies it seemed to me, helpful staff. will definitely go back!
I'm hoping to make it by there tomorrow. I need a new supply of red cherry shrimp. I accidentally killed all of mine when I set off some bug bombs in the house. Oops. Never had a problem with fish, but I guess the shrimp are a lot more sensitive.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
Chester
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)

ADG store front is now open btw... Tuesday through Saturday 8 am to 5 pm highly recommend going there just to check it out for one thing, and the prices on the fish and plants they have are very reasonable.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
jarury
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
ADG store front is now open btw... Tuesday through Saturday 8 am to 5 pm highly recommend going there just to check it out for one thing, and the prices on the fish and plants they have are very reasonable.
Where is it located?
Old 09-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
jarury
Algae Grower

Quote:
I'm hoping to make it by there tomorrow. I need a new supply of red cherry shrimp. I accidentally killed all of mine when I set off some bug bombs in the house. Oops. Never had a problem with fish, but I guess the shrimp are a lot more sensitive.
I dont remember seeing shrimp but I did not look very good
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
Sierra255
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarury View Post
I dont remember seeing shrimp but I did not look very good
Unfortunately they were out. But I did get a pair of Endler's. That place has so many cool fish. I wish I had more room in my house for about ten more aquariums.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
jarury
Algae Grower

Quote:
Unfortunately they were out. But I did get a pair of Endler's. That place has so many cool fish. I wish I had more room in my house for about ten more aquariums.
Exactly how I felt! or a huge one I can keep hundreds of fish in
Old 09-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #13
Jessicafish
Algae Grower

Thanks for the tips guys I'll have to check out all these places next time I'm in houston! I'm be in houston in oct. So I'll have to check some of these places out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.