Yes! another successful SAE search...
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 02-06-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
E. Simpson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I finally found some SAE after almost a year since I did a stupid thing and gave the 2 I had away(they were getting big).They were $4.99 and worth every penny if it's a real SAE that is.I'm pretty sure it is but not 100%.

On a side note the owner of the place I bought it from is really misinformed.The guy went on for half an hour explaining to me how flying fox's and SAE are the same thing.Despite the fact he had a tank full of Flying foxes that were totally different looking when you have a chance to compare side by side.On top of that if they are the same fish like he said and we ignore the obvious physical differences I couldn't understand then why he has 2 different tanks with 2 different names.I mean if they are the same why would you seperate them and call one a "Simensis" and the other a Flying Fox.

What should I expect tho this same guy who likes to talk about how long he's been in the aquarium business and how knowlegable he is thinks
Bumble Bee Gobies are fresh water fish.He also has a real nice tank full of plants that only maybe 3 of the 10 he carries actually belong submerged in water.

That's what makes this board so great because it's a great place to inform yourself so you can avoid being taken advantage of by petshops with no scrupples.If it weren't for this Board I'd be busy planting some of that pretty purple waffle plant they had down their.

Ernie
E. Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
WfxXx
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to WfxXx

Quote:
if it's a real SAE that is.I'm pretty sure it is but not 100%.

Hope that helps!
WfxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:47 PM   #3
mousey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Oh good pics!!
Congrats on the SAE"s .Aren't they fun?
One lps has some false sae's labelled as flying foxes. Scrappy little things and very cute too.( but not wanted)
mouse
mousey is offline   Reply With Quote