ADA 90-P faulty. Or...? - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 07-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #76
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica88 View Post
Someone else will setup and take ADG's place as an ADA distributor.
As far as I know, AFA was the first ADA distributor in the US. They don't have much of an online presences as ADG but are great to work with. I have never ordered online, just bought things at their shop. Great people to work with.

Sad to hear an ADA distributor go though, I am lucky enough to have a semi local one but the more, the better.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #77
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

ADI. *laughs evilly and maniacally*
Seriously though. I know things that you do not.
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
CPDzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #78
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

ADI will be the next ADA USA distributor?
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #79
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (55/100%)

I've always considered ADA to be the Apple Computer of the aquarium hobby. They started the nature aquarium with their minimum equipment approach and it captured and inspired many in the hobby, but like Apple, competitors have moved in and have produced some of the same product for less money and less hassle. Let's face it in the U.S. most of the products consumed are aquasoil and the medium to small tanks. So I'm not surprised there are issues with the marketing approach. Unlike Apple that doesn't have Steve Jobs anymore, ADA still has Amano so I'm fairly confident there is more good stuff to come.
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #80
volatile
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
Have you guys heard the news? ADA will not be affiliated with ADG anymore... Rumor said it has something to do because Frank left.
http://www.adana.co.jp/en/sc/news/detail/1509
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
That's very interesting. Something to do with marketing.
I have been looking forward to ADG's retail store for like the past 2 years or more since it was announced. I wonder how this will change their store since they are no longer a distributor.

I'm curious how Frank leaving would cause ADA to terminate their agreement with ADG, someone who they've done business with for so long. Aqua Forest Aquarium (Archaea International) doesn't have a marketing guy and they still kept their contract.

Hopefully AFA won't raise their prices on ADA stuff as they no longer have any competition.
volatile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #81
maxwellag
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post

Hopefully AFA won't raise their prices on ADA stuff as they no longer have any competition.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. They DO have competition and have had it for quite some time. Mr. Aqua, GLA, Aquatop and some others have started selling high quality rimless tanks at similar prices. I wouldn't consider that "no competition". People are starting to realize that ADA isn't the only option for high quality products.
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #82
SevenportsJohn
Sponsor

Send a message via Skype™ to SevenportsJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this. They DO have competition and have had it for quite some time. Mr. Aqua, GLA, Aquatop and some others have started selling high quality rimless tanks at similar prices. I wouldn't consider that "no competition". People are starting to realize that ADA isn't the only option for high quality products.
<3 this guy ^

haha

SevenportsJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #83
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post

I'm curious how Frank leaving would cause ADA to terminate their agreement with ADG, someone who they've done business with for so long. Aqua Forest Aquarium (Archaea International) doesn't have a marketing guy and they still kept their contract.
Didn't Jeff say there was some kind of internal conflict that was none of their (ADA) business.

Anyways, OP, do you have any updates?
FlyingHellFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #84
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

OT:

The Germans have finally given me some information. The Japanese have not replied to me nor the German distributor. Bad form imho.

The German distributor feel they want to help me out, but the shipping costs and the risks involved are pretty high so they prefer to compensate me instead of sending a new tank. They mention discount on other ADA items. Not sure cash refund is up on the table.

What do you guys n gals think is adequate compensation to make you feel comfortable keeping and using this crooked aquarium?
What would it be the sale % off if sold as a defective item in a shop? -30%? -50%?

After a while I guess one would stop thinking about the hardware estetics and only concentrate on the inards of the tank as one should.

Last edited by Matsnork; 09-05-2013 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: typo
Matsnork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #85
mott
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsnork View Post
OT:

The Germans have finally given me some information. The Japanese have not replied to me nor the German distributor. Bad form imho.

The German distributor feel they want to help me out, but the shipping costs and the risks involved are pretty high so they prefer to compensate me instead of sending a new tank. They mention discount on other ADA items. Not sure cash refund is up on the table.

What do you guys n gals think is adequate compensation to make you feel comfortable keeping and using this crooked aquarium?
What would it be the sale % off if sold as a defective item in a shop? -

After a while I guess one would stop thinking about the hardware estetics and only concentrate on the inards of the tank as one should.
50% off a Superjet!!!

EHEIM Pimp Club Member #250 2217,2026,2236
mott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #86
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well yeah, had similar thoughts but found a super jet copy thats already half the price. Plus I have already purchased a filter for this project.

Maybe an aquasky 602 for my 60P? Not shure how good they are though. They are seriously overpriced. No dimming etc.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #87
Nightspell
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

I, too, hope ADA catches on that people are taking notice of inferior quality control. This thread has just talked me out of their tanks. As has been said, I won't pay premium price for anything less than premium quality. I have no sympathy for companies that outsource anything to China. I'll be shopping their competition for my next tank...
Nightspell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #88
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
What would it be the sale % off if sold as a defective item in a shop? -30%? -50%?

I would say 100%. My reasoning for that is if I personally got that tank, I would only be satisfied until I got a new one. I would be perfectly willing to ship back the old one at their cost or smash it and send them a picture of it. I would not want a liability on my hands.

If you feel comfortable using it, I would subtract the cost of a rimmed 40 breeder or 50 gallon tank as it is basically the same size. Maybe just the cost of glass to make one because lets face it, most people could build a tank of similar quality without having any experience doing so.

My mentality with things like this is either they are of an acceptable quality or they are faulty/misconstructed. Lets face it, this tank should have never left the factory and you shouldn't have to say "it's 50% of the quality I expected so I want 50% back". That's no OK in my opinion unless you would actually walk into the store an buy it for 50% off after you saw the condition. Most people who buy ADA tanks would not go for the 50% off faulty tank as they wouldn't buy ADA in the first place.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #89
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

talontsiawd;

Thanks for your insight. I agree with you but Iīm not too keen on shipping the tank to Germany. Canīt even move the tank by myself, so itīs kind of a bog ordeal for me.

Very strange that ADA does not answer on the customer support mail adress.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #90
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
talontsiawd;

Thanks for your insight. I agree with you but Iīm not too keen on shipping the tank to Germany. Canīt even move the tank by myself, so itīs kind of a bog ordeal for me.

Very strange that ADA does not answer on the customer support mail adress.
Can the distributor or whoever is willing to compensate you back on the tank contact ADA? In the US, it seems that the 2 major distributors over the years (only one now) deal directly with ADA on their ordering. I am not sure on retailers if you are not working with an ADA distributor but it's worth a try. They may be able to help you get in contact with ADA and skip the whole compensation idea.