Need help to buy a filter - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #16
thebuddha
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
hmmm... you do have a point... actually i heard that, 2213 has an issue with the flow rate...anyway I am from India. the local dealer said that, I will definitely have the problem, so go for 2215...but after seeing the eheim site, and their specs list I got confused...because according to them, even 2211 is enough for my tank size...so I thought why to go for 2215...So asked the question here in the forum with the hope to get a proper solution...thanks for the suggestion man...Any idea with ADA Bio Rio? will it create clogging???
yepp, no problem. im sure the 2213 would be adequate for biological filtration, but for the sake of moving water in the tank i would go for the 2215. (then again, i havent seen either filter on a tank of your dimensions!) No clue about the ADA filter media, i only used what came with my eheims

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
Why, what's going to happen within a year?
lol, got me there. nothing. im just saying- i bet he will look back and say "i wish i bought one size bigger" a year just seemed like a good enough time frame
thebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #17
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (55/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddha View Post
yepp, no problem. im sure the 2213 would be adequate for biological filtration, but for the sake of moving water in the tank i would go for the 2215. (then again, i havent seen either filter on a tank of your dimensions!) No clue about the ADA filter media, i only used what came with my eheims

lol, got me there. nothing. im just saying- i bet he will look back and say "i wish i bought one size bigger" a year just seemed like a good enough time frame
If anything the filter is less important a year down the road since the tank is fully established and most of the filtration is in the tank itself not in a small canister. Initially the filter is more important since there's no bio-filter and your relying more on chemical/mechanical to bridge the gap. From my experience in a two-foot tank I've never seen any issues in any part of tank as far as moving water around with a 2213.
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #18
Joy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:

OK, you mean to say that, 2213 do not have much space to circulate the water freely as compared to 2215. am I right?

According to their website:
Dimensions:
2213 - 160X355 mm
2215 - 185X370 mm
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #19
thebuddha
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)

i think both filters will work out for you. they are essentially the same thing, one is just a little stronger (plus a little more room inside the filter for media, but lets forget about that)
the 2213 would work, but i think you would be happier with the 2215.

it would be nice if a few more people chimed in to voice their opinion
thebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #20
Joy
Algae Grower

Quote:
it would be nice if a few more people chimed in to voice their opinion
Totally agreed. Waiting for the responses actually. New to the forum actually.

Any way I am agree with your points about 2213 and 2215. And I almost decided to go for 2215. Since the 1L extra volume and the 620 L/hr flow rate. Because in case of reduced flow rate scenario, I can expect some flow rate around 400 L/hr, which is equivalent to the Rated flow rate of 2213. Yeah, but of course, few more comments would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #21
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (142/100%)

People before me gave you the best advise possible: 2215.

v3
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
Joy
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
People before me gave you the best advise possible: 2215.

v3
hmmm, Thanks OVT
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #23
peachii
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

I don't have either of these but from my experience having a filter that is a little to powerful but can be turned down is a great, awesome thing. Having a filter that is not powerful enough - not so much the case, because then you have no choice but to buy something else to supplement or a brand new bigger filter and spend more money than if you would have just gotten the bigger option to begin with.

Fairly new to keeping tanks - we have a closet full of "oops" purchases with several not strong enough filters in the pile.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
Joy
Algae Grower

you have a logical point peachii. Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #25
roadmaster
Planted Tank Guru

A year down the road,,one might have larger tank.Then the increase in flow might be fully appreciated.
Might also consider more flow from larger filter can alway's be throttled back via closing return valve a little.Hard to get more flow however than filter can put out without removing media.IMHO
roadmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #26
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (142/100%)

The best essay on 2213 vs 2215 wins
something

We need to reach 12 pro 2215 posts before OP buys a 2213

v3
Old 09-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (55/100%)

How 'bout this. If you get the 2213, not only will you save money and space, you'll know it's not overkill and you'll be more inclined to change your water on a regular basis and not overstock/overfeed your fish which is more important than the extra flow that the 2215 will provide.
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clogged, eheim 2213, eheim 2215, external, filter