DIY c02 Pulsing
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
hutch11
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: michigan
Posts: 231
Default

DIY c02 Pulsing


Hi, I just have a quick question. I just made a diy solution and put it into the tank. Its working but not like it should be. The bubbles come out of the bubbler for like 5 to 15 seconds, an dthen stops for like 5 seconds. It like pulses, works then doesn't work...anyone have any ideas
hutch11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Chronados
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 396
Default

1) Use a more rigid container
2) Use a different diffuser. A cheap glass Ebay one will likely be more consistent than say, an airstone because it's better at keeping everything fairly pressurized.
__________________
Chronados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
hutch11
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: michigan
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronados View Post
1) Use a more rigid container
2) Use a different diffuser. A cheap glass Ebay one will likely be more consistent than say, an airstone because it's better at keeping everything fairly pressurized.
I am not sure what you mean by rigid
I am using a bubbler, i know its not the best, but i was told glass diffusers don't work with the yeast/sugar c02. The bubbler was working fine for the past 2 months no issues at all.
hutch11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Chronados
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch11 View Post
I am not sure what you mean by rigid
I am using a bubbler, i know its not the best, but i was told glass diffusers don't work with the yeast/sugar c02. The bubbler was working fine for the past 2 months no issues at all.
A more rigid container means a thicker walled one that has less give. Think balloon vs glass bottle

The cheap Ebay glass diffusers work fine with DIY CO2. You won't be able to use atomisers like the Atomic ones though.
__________________
Chronados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
hutch11
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: michigan
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronados View Post
A more rigid container means a thicker walled one that has less give. Think balloon vs glass bottle

The cheap Ebay glass diffusers work fine with DIY CO2. You won't be able to use atomisers like the Atomic ones though.
Yeah I just have a plastic 2L bottle, and ok I will think about that ! thanks for the input
hutch11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012