My Aquerium Rack/Collection of Tanks! New tanks are set up! - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #46
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
Then check out artistic composition aquascape, which rah-bop applied his 29G tank.
Yea I remember seeing that thread a while back. I know about the rule of thirds and other aquascaping rules but have never really liked following them. As with all art pieces its the artists interpretation. I was going to do a forest/tree trunk type of scape which would use the rule of thirds but for me finding good drift wood is just so much harder then rocks so I never got around to it, maybe in the future!

Old 08-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #47
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Then check out artistic composition aquascape, which rah-bop applied his 29G tank.
Darn....now you have me thinking of rescaping one of my tanks lol probably will by one of the 10 gallons and probably the one that houses the puffer but it wont be a while as I just got done setting these all up and want to enjoy it for a bit before tinkering again. Also will update tonight because I got some more fish from MsJinkzd (another Scarlet Baddis and a few more pygmy cories for the lone one that I somehow acquired on accident)
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #48
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Heres a photo I took of the new Scarlet Baddis I received today from MsJinkzd, still amazed at how healthy all the fish I get from her are, I barely even have to acclimate them to be honest and they start coloring up and eating right away. Also received some pygmy cories from her but those are impossible to photo atm, they dart around to much lol but I can tell that the lonely one in there will be a lot happier as they are all schooling together!

He's hunting some tiny bugs in the tank that im guessing are copepods and other insects/inverts.

And here are some other random photos I took.

King of the hill!

Big Mama

Dawnlight
Old 08-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #49
GimmeGills
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Just got by Badis from MsJinkzd in todya just a few hours ago and I second your experience - everyone was alive and well, acclimated beautifully and immediately went on the prowl when I released them. They are currently happily munching up mosquito larval and showing some beautiful colors.
GimmeGills is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 AM   #50
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeGills View Post
Just got by Badis from MsJinkzd in todya just a few hours ago and I second your experience - everyone was alive and well, acclimated beautifully and immediately went on the prowl when I released them. They are currently happily munching up mosquito larval and showing some beautiful colors.
Yea I noticed this new one that I got is not very shy and isnt hiding most of the time like my old one which I like because I get to stare at it a lot more. I am a very happy buyer, all the fish Ive gotten from her are so healthy and hardy!

Last edited by lamiskool; 11-22-2013 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Edit
lamiskool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #51
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

haha, I remember netting fish and a stray pygmaeus getting in- guess that was yours a couple orders ago! oops! It is probalby because I have a big breeding group in a 55g that I use to hold my qt plants. Probably moved eggs to the chili rasbora tank or something when they finished their initial quarantine.

Glad you are pleased, and thanks for the kind words. Everything looks great!
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #52
glndrifts
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to glndrifts Send a message via Yahoo to glndrifts

Wow, I've never seen the angels take turns like that? they look good in your tank. Mine never really popped out since the discus stole the attention. Sorry about the confusion with the rio negro altums not being true altums thing. I didn't know that myself.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #53
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glndrifts View Post
Wow, I've never seen the angels take turns like that? they look good in your tank. Mine never really popped out since the discus stole the attention. Sorry about the confusion with the rio negro altums not being true altums thing. I didn't know that myself.
Haha all good buddy, I love them either way.

Also was wondering if you or anyone knows if this is bad/an infection of some sort. On two of the Angels I notice this white spot on their pectoral fins only a single white spot. On one of them it kinda looks like it could be a birth defect but in the other it looks kinda like some white fuzz like thing? Not sure if I should be freaking out or worrying but all the fish seem fine. Here are the best pics I could take of it.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #54
pandacory
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I really like your 55. What substrate are you using and what kind of rock?

Also, what is the tan substrate in the tank with rock and two branches?
pandacory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #55
pandacory
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Forgot to ask, are you using glass tops with the current led?
pandacory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #56
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Man I have been crazy busy so have not been able to post updates but here are tons of pics to make up for it! Enjoy.

UG is doing great in this tank, I really like it and reminds me of a grassy meadow.

Not my best work as I just threw all my extra stuff in here but it still nice and reminds me of an old Volcano with palms surrounding it which reminds me of an island. Also looks like I cant keep Bumblebee shrimp as there are only 2 left in the tank...

One of my older tank, the fissidens needs a trim and hopefully the UG will carpet the bottom after a while. Not sure if I like this tank anymore...I would tear it down but not sure what I would redo it as, also the tubes in the back dont help with the look lol

Still love this tank and probably is the least maintained on but is doing great as it only has mini fissidens and a Scarlett Badi in it which I dont really have to feed. I have got the Badi to come to my forcep as I feed it live tubiflex worms every now and them Love this little fish!!!

Not the best shot of this tank but its doing fairly well, I think the light on it is to much even with the whole surface covered with floaters and mesh screens over the light and am fighting BBA. Its not too bad though, any advice?

The riparium plants are doing great, have tons of new shoots.

This tank thankfully is starting too recover, most of the plants had started dying/melting when I treated the tank for Ich. Most of them have survived and hopefully over time I will get more lush growth. Also added a mated pair of GBR and I just found eggs today!!! Very excited.

Really like this plant but forgot the name for it, its usually a lot more red, anyone know what its name is? Sry for blurry pic, the water surface makes it hard to take.

And lastly my 55, all the fish are doing great and the upgrade from and XP3 to and XP4 filter I believe was a great investment, all the fish seems even happier and healthier.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #57
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacory View Post
I really like your 55. What substrate are you using and what kind of rock?

Also, what is the tan substrate in the tank with rock and two branches?
Hey sorry for not replying, I havnt been on much so didnt see your question. I am just using sand that I found at OSH to be honest, and the the rocks are just plain river rocks that I found locally. The tan substrate in the tank with rock and two branches I believe was some caribsea sand that I got at petsmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacory View Post
Forgot to ask, are you using glass tops with the current led?
Yes I am using a glass top, but only because in the past I have had fish jump out of my tank and die, and since I added the angels I would be devastated if one jumped out and died.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #58
Hilde
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamiskool View Post
The light over 20G is a BuildMyLED Fixture.
Do you inject Co2 in the tank too. The bright pink colors look like those in tanks that inject Co2.
Hilde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #59
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Do you inject Co2 in the tank too. The bright pink colors look like those in tanks that inject Co2.
Yep I use CO2 in most of my tanks
Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #60
lamiskool
Wannabe Guru

I swear im getting busier and busier, anywyas will try and get some new pics of all the tanks sometime next week. Was planning on getting some up this weekend but turns out I am going to go camping in yosemite instead. A sad supdate on two of the tanks, I was trying to combat hair algea by using hydrogen peroxide but I guess I used too much as all the cardinals in the 20g died (amanos and GBR didnt even seemed fazed) and all but one rasbora in the 5g died (pygmy corys seem unaffected). This is probably the worste thing thing ive done to my fish as a fishkeeper and I feel horrible. Anyways besides that all the tanks are growing and look great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.