Salmons 75-P: amazon somethin or other (56k) - Page 9
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #121
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Though I was in love with the design of your original scape, I knew that it going to outgrow the hardscape. I am loving the new layout. I honestly am not all that fond of woodscapes but the rocks really do it for me. I also am not a big fan of angle fish in a natural style tank but those look absolutely stunning. You did a great job convincing me of things I don't like. Seeing how this is a popular style, I am absolutely sure people are drooling and taking notes. Awesome job on the rescape.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #122
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Wow beautiful angels, I don't know much about breeds but those look like PB.
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #123
salmon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Though I was in love with the design of your original scape, I knew that it going to outgrow the hardscape. I am loving the new layout. I honestly am not all that fond of woodscapes but the rocks really do it for me. I also am not a big fan of angle fish in a natural style tank but those look absolutely stunning. You did a great job convincing me of things I don't like. Seeing how this is a popular style, I am absolutely sure people are drooling and taking notes. Awesome job on the rescape.
Definitely, you pretty much described my exact feelings with how my original plan panned out. Thanks for the feed back on the rescape! DW and rock is tricky yet fun. I can always easliy go back to just rockscape too, they're all the same rocks that were already in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
Wow beautiful angels, I don't know much about breeds but those look like PB.
ya not too sure.....they are much more colroful since being in this tank though

Salmons ADA 75-P Rockscape on DSM / 13g Rimless / 12g Rimless Club / 12g rimless - not yet started / Cannon Pimp Club #009 -T3i
salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #124
salmon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

looking pretty messy.

Salmons ADA 75-P Rockscape on DSM / 13g Rimless / 12g Rimless Club / 12g rimless - not yet started / Cannon Pimp Club #009 -T3i
Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #125
sapphoqueen
Planted Tank Obsessed

hi there... .. a very good start with lots of stuff and nice rocks ..... and...... you are now on the road for a bare tank? i don't get it man....
Old 04-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #126
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

There has been several successful scapes documented and now seem to be at a cross roads or in transition to yet another. Those stems in the rear dont really scale well in your tank so they detract from the overall look. Would you consider vals as a background replacement?

the foreground also needs a bit of life as well... but its definitely workable.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #127
Bruce_S
Planted Member

That's a good looking tank - and it's healthy, too, which is more important in the end!

I've got a similar angelfish here, which I adore. S/he was a local pet shop pickup, but has a similar pattern and coloring to yours, except for a couple of lightning-shaped stripes that earned it the nickname of "Potter". As for type, I'm thinking zebra black lace, with perhaps a touch of Philipine blue to bring that touch of reflective azure to dorsal, tail and ventrals.

~Bruce
Bruce_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #128
salmon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphoqueen View Post
hi there... .. a very good start with lots of stuff and nice rocks ..... and...... you are now on the road for a bare tank? i don't get it man....
ya, about the time i pulled the co2 and started focusing on breeding the dicrossus, the scape really started to decline. a rescape is in the works.....believe me i'm not happy with its current state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
There has been several successful scapes documented and now seem to be at a cross roads or in transition to yet another. Those stems in the rear dont really scale well in your tank so they detract from the overall look. Would you consider vals as a background replacement?

the foreground also needs a bit of life as well... but its definitely workable.
Thanks and your right, the scape needs work.....and co2. vals ive considered and have some, but doubt they would do well in here. there is some c. balansae tucked in the back corner, but it never took off. foreground really needs something, i agree. thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_S View Post
That's a good looking tank - and it's healthy, too, which is more important in the end!

I've got a similar angelfish here, which I adore. S/he was a local pet shop pickup, but has a similar pattern and coloring to yours, except for a couple of lightning-shaped stripes that earned it the nickname of "Potter". As for type, I'm thinking zebra black lace, with perhaps a touch of Philipine blue to bring that touch of reflective azure to dorsal, tail and ventrals.

~Bruce
interesting, thanks for the feedback on the angels. primary focus on the tank is all about the fish at them moment, thus the decline in the scape over the last several months. but hey, im still happy to look at it and thats all that counts right
Old 05-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #129
salmon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

nothing special. finally beat out two bad bouts of algae. still running w/o pressurized. main focus is still the fish. some of the female checkerboards are possibly showing male coloring....strange stuff

Old 08-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #130
pandacory
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Any updates?

How long until the angels outgrow a tank this size?
pandacory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #131
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

I may be wrong but at about 40g and those type of angels, they should be fine for life? Only Altums I think require bigger tanks than those above 30g.
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #132
salmon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacory View Post
Any updates?

How long until the angels outgrow a tank this size?
tank is still running, although its nothing special, as i got been bitten by the SW bug, and devoting most of my effort to the reef. will try for a few pics later.

angels are actually a bit stunted, and will likely never outgrow this tank. no longer have a larger tank to move them to anyways.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
I may be wrong but at about 40g and those type of angels, they should be fine for life? Only Altums I think require bigger tanks than those above 30g.
ya sounds about right to me, maybe very healthy non-stunted wilds could outgrow this if fed very well. these wont be an issue
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #133
salmon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #134
skoram
Algae Grower

Your original scape was beautiful, especially in the pics you took shortly after flooding. New scape has a totally different feel but also quite beautiful in my opinion. I like the addition and placement of the driftwood. I'm not sure about some of the giant stems though. Someone else mentioned and I agree that they don't scale well with the size of your tank.

By the way, whatever happened with the dicrossus spawns?
skoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #135
salmon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoram View Post
Your original scape was beautiful, especially in the pics you took shortly after flooding. New scape has a totally different feel but also quite beautiful in my opinion. I like the addition and placement of the driftwood. I'm not sure about some of the giant stems though. Someone else mentioned and I agree that they don't scale well with the size of your tank.

By the way, whatever happened with the dicrossus spawns?
thanks for the feedback. its not really a maintained aquascape anymore. agree on the stems. i just dont have elsewhere to put them.

unfortunately i lost all 6 discrossus a couple months ago, woke up one morning and they where all dead, angels and rummys were fine. narrowed the cause down to my heater issue and a type of food i had given them the day before. most painful loss to experience in the hobby....almost tore the tank down. i got as far as free swimmers with a batch i reared, and lost them about 4 days into free swimming.

replaced them with a pair of GBR's