favorite stores sanatoga pa area
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 08-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
pirasha
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

favorite stores sanatoga pa area

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew of any hidden gems that I am missing. I'm looking for a school of Corydoras habrosus...as well as the continuous search for an awesome store. I enjoy that pet place..but looking for something new and exciting. I've also been to Captain Nemo's...but I'm not impressed..it seems every time I go it gets a little worse. Sooo what stores do you enjoy in the area?
pirasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Psycofc1
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Well you have pretty much been to all of them. Sadly there arent very many stores in the area. The aquarium center over in New Jersey I hear is pretty nice. Other then that you are stuck with petco/petsmart.
Psycofc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
briscoe
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

I live in Lansdale, but work in Sanatoga. One place you may haven't heard of is Fins, Feather, Paws and & Claws. There's two locations, one in Harleysville and one at the Quakertown Farmer's Market.

http://www.finsfeatherspawsclaws.com/

If you go to the one in Quakertown, there is also a Pet's Plus nearby (same company that took over Captain Nemo's).

http://petsplusnatural.com/

Another one is out towards Reading called AZ Pet & Pondz. I think that their website might be having problems though, I couldn't get the link to work.

www.myazpets.com/

Good luck. As Psycofc1 said, there aren't many good stores in this area.
briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
pirasha
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

awesome thanks! I love adventures..I'll have to take a trip down to Quakertown at some point. I actually grew up near there so it would be fun to go back there. Also I just took a trip to the Hidden Reef after MUCH pressure from just about everyone I talked to around here. It's in Levittown...so it's really not a fun drive to get down there...but so worth it. It is probably my favorite store to date...they have some of the best priced things that I have seen. And a fabulous selection of rimless nano tanks that I am just drooooling to get.

It looks like they switch up a lot of their fish often and everyone looked really good and happy. The staff all seemed friendly and knowledgeable (overheard one of them talk a kid out of getting a goldfish for his 10 gallon tank and offered some mollies instead ** )

So yea...if you haven't gone there it's totally worth the trip!
pirasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
briscoe
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirasha View Post
awesome thanks! I love adventures..I'll have to take a trip down to Quakertown at some point. I actually grew up near there so it would be fun to go back there. Also I just took a trip to the Hidden Reef after MUCH pressure from just about everyone I talked to around here. It's in Levittown...so it's really not a fun drive to get down there...but so worth it. It is probably my favorite store to date...they have some of the best priced things that I have seen. And a fabulous selection of rimless nano tanks that I am just drooooling to get.

It looks like they switch up a lot of their fish often and everyone looked really good and happy. The staff all seemed friendly and knowledgeable (overheard one of them talk a kid out of getting a goldfish for his 10 gallon tank and offered some mollies instead ** )

So yea...if you haven't gone there it's totally worth the trip!
Ya know, I would've mentioned Hidden Reef but I just assumed that it was too far for you. It's a shame too because there is another store called The Fish Factory that is literally 3 minutes down the road from Hidden Reef. It's not as big, but they usually have a good selection and knowledgeable staff.

And as Psycofc1 said, if you don't mind the driving, there is a place called Aquarium Center in New Jersey. I've actually never even been there. But I've heard nothing but good things.

http://www.aquariumcenter.biz/

Last edited by briscoe; 08-21-2013 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: spelling
briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote