Flashback from my younger days - the old MASSIVE Aquarium Center off Liberty road
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Maryland

Old 07-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
jbrady33
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Flashback from my younger days - the old MASSIVE Aquarium Center off Liberty road

Remember how that place used to be? Got my first tank there when I was 16 (45 tall, wish I could find the pics) - you could wander in there for HOURS, always full of people, tank after tank, first reef display tank I ever saw, they even had a blue ring octopus on display back then.

Would just wander around drooling over sumps and reefs, never did do saltwater.

Weird how far planted tanks have come, That's what I wanted back then but there was nothing like we have today easily available - even this huge store had just a few little plants (banana plants, anacharis, that sort of thing)

Not sure I want to ever go by there again, would be depressing to see if it has fallen frmo grace.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
fishboy199413
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

I think I tried to go there and they had closed down. I wish there were more good stores near here.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
thedudeabides
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Yeah just remember the good ol' days. It got increasingly worse over the years and the last time I was in there it was about 1/4 the size it used to be (and that's being generous) and the selection was nothing special. I remember seeing an ad on craigs list for the main reef tank they had in there before they downgraded, it is a shame because that is where I went to cut my teeth as well and used to spend hours on end in there just like you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.