Gearing up for August
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
davemonkey
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Gearing up for August

Hey folks! We had a great meeting for July. I stuck around for a bit longer at Kevin's and we got the tank filled and the CO2 kicking. I can't wait to see pics of it grown in (hint hint).

Anyway, it's time to start planning the August mtg. We normally have stuck to 4th Saturdays, so let's plan for that unless someone has particular suggestion otherwise. That would be the 24th.

Does anyone have a preference for topic/meeting place? If I recall, the last "official" meeting we had, we discussed "El Natural"...so maybe this time we can go high tech?

Until next time....
-Dave

Old 08-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
davemonkey
Planted Member

I was notifdied that another Houston group (fish only) rescheduled to the 4th Saturday. To keep our meeting to as many potential hobby niches as possible, we MIGHT be looking at the 31st, or possibly another date.

Any input is welcome.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
Chester
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)

If anyone is interested in planted tanks and scapping them the meeting are well worth going to. I attended for the first time last month and learned a ton!
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
davemonkey
Planted Member

Meeting place and date confirmed.

We will meet at ADG (Aquarium Design Group) at 1:30-3:00 with GHAC on Saturday, August 24th. Their address is 3250 South Sam Houston Parkway E. (aka Beltway 8), Suite 100. It's in between Hwy 288 and Cullen Blvd.

http://maps.yahoo.com/place/?lat=29....X%2077047-6507

From what I understand, their show room/store front is nearly complete, so we get a sneak peak at what they will be offering. This is also a great opportunity to meet up with fish-folk and share information, ideas, challenges, etc...
Old 08-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
mnemenoi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemonkey View Post
I was notifdied that another Houston group (fish only) rescheduled to the 4th Saturday. To keep our meeting to as many potential hobby niches as possible, we MIGHT be looking at the 31st, or possibly another date.

Any input is welcome.
GHAC is not fish only, we always discuss plants. Mostly nano/low tech stuff, but that's nearly everyone on the North side. We collected wild plants last collection trip I led. I need to try and make it out to one of the meetings you have, just hoping for a North Side one... I have been missing the GHAC meetings as of late (offshore work) so we are just inviting folks to discuss/trade plants and hang out on a weekend day I am in.