My First Scape(!!!) Journal :)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
CampCreekTexas
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
Default My First Scape(!!!) Journal :)

I'm so excited!!! Me ---->

I just planted this ten gallon tank yesterday and added the rocks today. It's GORGEOUS if I do say so myself. *blush* Of course it's nowhere near the beauty of some of the tanks I've seen here, but I lubb it anyway. It's low tech ~ no CO2 or lights yet ~ just sitting in a sunny window. I couldn't wait for my lights to come in or my DIY CO2 to be built. Just HAD to plant something NOW! So I did.

I'm a total newbie to planted tanks. For a month now, I've been reading through the forum threads to learn all I could, rounding up plants via the SwapNShop forum and collecting other equipment where I can find it. Finally last Tuesday my Soilmaster came in. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed that stuff before putting it in the tank and it was STILL cloudy three days later. Hubby and I had gone "clamming" in one of our spring fed creeks and found a dozen or so freshwater clams, so he said, "Why don't you put some of those in there to clear that water up?" I have the clams in clay pots with sand so they're easily found, so put one in the tank. Cleared it up in a day!

Right now I have one male betta in there, but he'll be moving out soon. I have some red cherry shrimp coming in soon that I traded for in the SwapNShop. That red betta, Sarge, is rather agressive so I don't think he'd make a good tankmate for the shrimp. I have a really laid back betta that I might try in there. He doesn't bother ghost shrimp, so he may work well with them. If not, it'll be a shrimp only tank.

Man, I'm about to pop! And can't wait to get more plants to fill up the other four ten gallon tanks I have. This is SO MUCH FUN!!!
How many watts do I need to make my swimming pool a high light tank?

CampCreekTexas is offline   Reply With Quote