ADG to no longer carry ADA products - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Aquarium Design Group

Old 08-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #76
Jason Baliban
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (92/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Baliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
If you don't like ada policy don't buy their products.

I think this is what some of us are saying we are going to do going forward.

jB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #77
bitFUUL
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Yeah, a few people here turning this logical decision into an emotional one. We can all agree that the hobby has grown, but the economics haven't changed in our favor. From ADA to Mr. Aqua, prices have steadily been on the rise yet quality seems to be standing still (or even slipping).

The increased demand in the hobby HAS NOT been met with the increased supply yet, thus causing a slump. Who ever fills the gap, step right in, there is a large market for you to thrive!

[50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #78
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (97/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
Yeah, a few people here turning this logical decision into an emotional one. We can all agree that the hobby has grown, but the economics haven't changed in our favor. From ADA to Mr. Aqua, prices have steadily been on the rise yet quality seems to be standing still (or even slipping).
This is exactly what some are trying to say on here yet the new people (which seem to be getting very emotional) are not understanding the concept. If you've been around for a while you can vouch for the numerous threads you've seen about people showing off their ADA tanks with terrible silicone jobs. As a matter of fact, it's been on the rise lately. Made in China? No thanks.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #79
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Let's keep the peace so that we can openly discuss without a mod having to close the thread. I have to agree with the remark about ADA tank quality going down. My Landen tank may have thicker fillets, but the work is neater than my ADA, no smudging, except for the inside bottom, where it doesn't matter. Hopefully ADG can do well, and give prices better than AFA at equal or better quality. I enjoyed communicating with Frank, and if he can get back to aquariums I think all our moods will improve. Good luck to the Senskes, and let's get back to our tanks!
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
Old 08-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #80
TheGuy
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
Default ADG to no longer carry ADA products

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
This is exactly what some are trying to say on here yet the new people (which seem to be getting very emotional) are not understanding the concept. If you've been around for a while you can vouch for the numerous threads you've seen about people showing off their ADA tanks with terrible silicone jobs. As a matter of fact, it's been on the rise lately. Made in China? No thanks.
Post count means nothing, the concept is simple. ADA dropped ADG and then Jeff senske said what didn't need to be and could hurt ADAs reputation. If ADA wanted to file a lawsuit they could due to a vendor making emotionally driven statements that were un called for and un professional.. I don't care what the subject be or what was in question, what ADA posted on there website was professional.. Jeff coming on here and cutting down ADA and its way of business in bull and should be addressed accordingly. If the quality of ADA products isn't worth the money to you then don't buy it, if you think they want too much then don't carry it but don't try and tell someone how to run there business especially when they are highly successful. If ADA doesn't want anything to do with cheap people who look at quantity over quality so be it.. Guess what, it's his company and he can do as he pleases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 08-07-2013 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: Watch your language
Old 08-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #81
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (435/100%)

There's no reason to get childish or to attack one another. That includes vendors criticizing vendors.

This thread is now closed.