Current USA PRODUCT LAUNCH - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Current-USA and Ecoxotic

Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #16
LostInFound
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I thought your company was going to showcase a more planted tank friendly satellite+ for more higher light requiring plants, is that still happening?
LostInFound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #17
Dahammer
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current USA View Post
Hey Dahammer,

What do you mean they don't work with Satellite plus? The pro timer will be the only one to be able to control individual colors. The other 2 timers are ramp up and ramp down only. If you want the premium functions, you'll have to use the premium product
Like Vermino said, I saw the PDF that he posted above and it appears to me that the Satellite+ fixture isn't compatible with the dual and plus controller. Also, the dual and pro are stated to be dual channel controllers in the PDF.

But you are saying the plus fixture will work fully with the dual and pro controller?

The main thing I've been after is the ability to automate turning the daylights on at a specified time, then after the user set photo period turning moonlights on as the daylights turn off, then ultimately turn the moonlights off at a specified time. But dawn > daylight > dusk > moonlight > off would be even better. Maybe even throw in a storm a couple days a week, haha.

When is the release date for the pro and what is it's price point?
Dahammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #18
Vermino
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahammer View Post
Like Vermino said, I saw the PDF that he posted above and it appears to me that the Satellite+ fixture isn't compatible with the dual and plus controller. Also, the dual and pro are stated to be dual channel controllers in the PDF.

But you are saying the plus fixture will work fully with the dual and pro controller?

The main thing I've been after is the ability to automate turning the daylights on at a specified time, then after the user set photo period turning moonlights on as the daylights turn off, then ultimately turn the moonlights off at a specified time. But dawn > daylight > dusk > moonlight > off would be even better. Maybe even throw in a storm a couple days a week, haha.

Don't quote me but I believe one of the team members at the convention said for the whole orbit marine was MSRP $305. So I'm guessing take away about $150-200 off from the light assembly itself. Ballpark the pro ramp timer around $105-150. I definitely wish I could of played with the controllers more but I didn't want to break anything haha.

I only reply because I know Kevin and the team are packing up right now and driving back to cali tomorrow which he probably wont be able to respond till Monday.

Last edited by Vermino; 07-26-2013 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: typos
Vermino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indychus View Post
Cool! I absolutely love your lights, I have 6 of them right now if you include one that is torn apart on my workbench for "experimentation". I have a thread on my Arduino project here if you guys are interested in checking it out. I'm sure it isn't quite as nice as your controllers, but it gets the job done

As far as them interfering with TV's, I have figured out that they are 38 kHz (or somewhere around there)... maybe changing to a less common IR frequency would help.
I believe it will be changed in our next shipment. Thanks for the thread! We always encourage innovation and "hacking" but just cannot provide support for liability reasons. Wish you the best of luck!!
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #20
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInFound View Post
I thought your company was going to showcase a more planted tank friendly satellite+ for more higher light requiring plants, is that still happening?
Hey, it might be coming soon
Old 07-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahammer View Post

Hi, the satellite plus will definitely work with all the controllers. Sorry for the confusion.

storm, dawn, daylight, dusk and moonlight could all be controlled by the new Pro timer. We should receive the first batch in early September, after we QC every single unit, and ship it to distributors and retailers, they should be available early October.

Yes we QC EVERY unit!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #22
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermino View Post
Don't quote me but I believe one of the team members at the convention said for the whole orbit marine was MSRP $305. So I'm guessing take away about $150-200 off from the light assembly itself. Ballpark the pro ramp timer around $105-150. I definitely wish I could of played with the controllers more but I didn't want to break anything haha.

I only reply because I know Kevin and the team are packing up right now and driving back to cali tomorrow which he probably wont be able to respond till Monday.
You're in about the right range! That's all I could leak out for now.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #23
Dan's85
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

I'm really excited for this light to hit the market!
The Fraternity of Dirt #136
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

40b tank journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...594&highlight=
10g NPT Betta tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=358321
Dan's85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
yobofofas
Algae Grower

will it be able to control more than one Satellite? I picked up the regular Satellite for my 90g tank and it seems bright enough but I was thinking about picking up a plus also for the front of the tank and sliding the regular to the back for shadow fill in. Is that over kill?
yobofofas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan's85 View Post
I'm really excited for this light to hit the market!
Your excitement shall not be disappointed! It will only get better
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #26
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobofofas View Post
will it be able to control more than one Satellite? I picked up the regular Satellite for my 90g tank and it seems bright enough but I was thinking about picking up a plus also for the front of the tank and sliding the regular to the back for shadow fill in. Is that over kill?
The Pro can control up to 2 Satellites! 2 over a 90 gallon is definitely not a overkill =)
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #27
Dahammer
Algae Grower

Quote:
The Pro can control up to 2 Satellites! 2 over a 90 gallon is definitely not a overkill =)
Ok, that's what the dual controller references are eluding to then. The Satellite has 2 inputs and the Satellite+ only has one. So the Pro controller would be great for 2 Satellite+ fixtures.
Dahammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 AM   #28
yobofofas
Algae Grower

Quote:
Just so we're clear, and before I pull the trigger on the plus, will it work with one Satellite and one Satellite plus?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #29
Vermino
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobofofas View Post
Just so we're clear, and before I pull the trigger on the plus, will it work with one Satellite and one Satellite plus?
Pro Ramp Timers are compatible with all their fixtures (it is universal with using a DC plug connector) There shouldn't be any issues with hooking up a flexstrip with a satellite plus, or a orbit marine with a satellite. They will all work together.

So yes, a Satellite standard with a Satellite plus should be able to connect to one Ramp Timer and the Ramp timer will still work.

(I have to say "should" because the Ramp timers are still a prototype and bugs are being worked out. But from what I learned at Superzoo, this is what they intend them to do and they probably won't start selling them until then)
Vermino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
yobofofas
Algae Grower

Word Vermino! Thanks buddy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.