Activity - Page 27
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 07-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #391
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch11 View Post
Seems like a good practice ! What do you look for ?!
Anything out of the norm... erratic/odd/sluggish behavior, appetite problems, lesions and wounds, white spots, weird growths, bloating, etc.
lullafishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #392
hutch11
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lullafishi View Post
Anything out of the norm... erratic/odd/sluggish behavior, appetite problems, lesions and wounds, white spots, weird growths, bloating, etc.
Ahh I see ! I would do this but I don't hve a extra tank !
hutch11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #393
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch11 View Post
Ahh I see ! I would do this but I don't hve a extra tank !
I bought a 10 gallon for $10 from Petco during their $1/gallon sale, which is still going on. And then I bought an ATI Hydro sponge filter II, Whisper 20 air pump, and heater pretty cheaply from kensfish.com when I ordered fish food (free shipping on $75+ orders). You could get a suitable set-up pretty cheaply off of Craigslist, too, but I wanted the peace of mind knowing all my equipment was clean & sterile to start with. I've heard of people even doing quarantine in large storage tubs.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #394
BarbH
Planted Member

Just recieved some new Angelfish this morning by UPS. Acclimating them right now. Will get some better pictures after they have had a chance to settle in, here is a short video of the revealing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Yy...e_gdata_player
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #395
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbH View Post
Just recieved some new Angelfish this morning by UPS. Acclimating them right now. Will get some better pictures after they have had a chance to settle in, here is a short video of the revealing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Yy...e_gdata_player
Yay! Glad you got some replacements safely this time. Best of luck with these guys.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #396
BarbH
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lullafishi View Post
Yay! Glad you got some replacements safely this time. Best of luck with these guys.
Thanks, glad they arrived safely also. Was waiting on the balcony this morning watching for UPS. Definitly was making sure they got delievered to the right place this time.
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #397
Duckmasta
Algae Grower

ugh... my 72" t5ho fixture has one dead ballast.. and the other is dying. only one bulb will fire on it. Guess time to look into a new set of lights.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #398
Blackheart
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

Yeah, that reminds me, I'm looking for some new lights for my 40 breeder. And I can't find anything in 36 inches really that'd be around medium light.
Blackheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #399
Duckmasta
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Yeah, that reminds me, I'm looking for some new lights for my 40 breeder. And I can't find anything in 36 inches really that'd be around medium light.
im switching over to LED the cheap way. landscape lighting =P

search 10-50w LED Landscape lights on amazon, can get them for 30-50$ each depending on wattage. I am going to run 4x 30w over my 100g, using the shell of the existing fixture to mount them too. If you check out Corvus Oscen on youtube, he runs them in varying wattages over his tanks with great success also. I think on his 40B he is running a single 30w landscape light. just make sure you check to make sure its rated at the correct Kelvin rating, and remember that the 5000K-7000K mark is also marked as "cool white"

Heres what I have one the way
Amazon.com: 30W LED Spotlight Flood Light High Power Wall Wash Garden Outdoor Waterproof Floodlight Cool White: Home Improvement Amazon.com: 30W LED Spotlight Flood Light High Power Wall Wash Garden Outdoor Waterproof Floodlight Cool White: Home Improvement

I also have 2 of these type lights in the 10w version that i use to illuminate about half of my 40x25 polebarn!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #400
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Meijer in Birch run is currently clearing out their stock of marineland products. Picked up a 200 penguin for 15 bucks. Considered getting the last 2 100's as well but didn't have the extra 13 at the time.

Also, I tried buying some plants and fish there, Apparently the plants are on Recall, so I couldn't buy them, went back the next day, the plants I couldn't buy are back in the tank.

Kind of annoyed about that.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #401
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
I have a 36" Finnex Fugeray over my 40B that puts out PAR in the high 50s in an open tank, so with a glass versa top, water, and driftwood/plants I'm estimating it to be somewhere in the 40 range.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #402
Blackheart
Wannabe Guru

How about in a tank without a glass top?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #403
Duckmasta
Algae Grower

And here we are, 4 30w LED flood lights @ 6500K over my 100g tank
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #404
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
How about in a tank without a glass top?
Lowe's PAR charts have it at high 50s, so it'd probably be on the high-medium/low-high light. You can use window screen or suspend the light to dial down on the PAR if there's too much light. I want to suspend mine, but because the 40b is so wide I'm afraid the tank won't appear as brightly lit with the light suspended. So when/if I ditch the glass top, I'll probably use window screen slid into fixture.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #405
Blackheart
Wannabe Guru

Super excited! A lady I met from ebay is coming to pick up my 56 gallon column tank for 130 bucks. Kind of side tracking here... but it's one of the few things recently that I've sold stuff online totaling 400 bucks. Plan on using it to buy an engagement ring