Agate stone and shrimp
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
sleepswithdafishez
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Agate stone and shrimp

I don't know squat about Feng Shui ,Wicca ,Energetic Stones ,and so on.But here's what happened....before going on vacation I put a slab of Agate Stone in the tank ,not because it is said it brings calm and harmony ,etc.....I just liked how it looked.I just read about it's "properties" ,after having returned from vacation....
In my 10 g tank I'm hosting 3 amanos and one giant african filter shrimp ,for about a month.The African filter shrimp was always shy ,always hiding when seeing me ,or the other shrimp.Not such a light lover.
Before leaving ,I pulled the window curtains ,only letting a tiny bit of light to come in the room(south-west facing). The room always gets hot and I didn't want to boil the shrimp ,and also wanted to cause some leaf decay so that the shrimp had something to munch on,especially the fan feeder one.No artificial lights for a week.
I was gone for about a week and when I came back ,not only have I found them alive and well ,but also saw that the african filter shrimp was no longer shy ,not hiding anymore from the amanos nor me.
I even replanted a tiny crypt right next to him ,and he didn't even move.He looks as if he has settled a small teritory,which the others tend to avoid now.
I don't know if this has anything to do with the said "calming and peaceful" properties of the agate stone or pure coincidence ,as the tank received less than ambient light for a week ,and the african had molted once already.

Has anyone experienced stuff like this when inserting different energetic stones in the tank?Thank you for your replies ,I'm willing to hear any stories of the sort.

Last edited by sleepswithdafishez; 07-30-2013 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: x
sleepswithdafishez is offline   Reply With Quote