APB royal blue tigers
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Alpha Pro Breeders

Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
DPapbt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/83%)
Smile

APB royal blue tigers

This post is in regard to the royal blue shrimp advertised on your site as follows:

"""""""
Royal Blues (3)
Price: $99.00

Product Description
Royal Blue shrimp have been pretty hard to come by. They have been crossed with black tigers and orange eye blue tigers and crossed back a few times where they breed true and have this coloring like no other shrimp.""""""

- I am newbie to the hobby and this forum/community and was hoping to see if my understanding of this strain was 100% correct, since I am in awe of these guys and looking to spend hundreds if not over a thousand dollars to purćase them alone (without cost of tank, setup, time, etc). I know I have sent numerous emails that were promptly and kindly answered but have been hearing a lot of conflicting info from others lately..... Like I said I am a newbie I just want to know if this is a strain of its own and if I was to buy 10-50 of them an they breed.... The offspring will ALL look like the adult in the website picture ? I can understand a variety of hues from almost black to very light blue but mainly I wanted to know of that's all the variation there would be and its not like the OEBT, which produces totally different phenotypes from both blue parents (ie. blondes). Thanks for your time and any/all input is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

David Polur
DPapbt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
DPapbt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/83%)
Question No replies... Oh well.

I would have thought atleast 1 person on this whole forum could have chimed in but I guess not a single person here has ever purchased royal blue shrimp from alpha pro breeders, had them breed, and can share what came out..... Oh well ill keep dropping money on "blue diamond neos" which atleast 70% (for me so far) come out that same royal blue.... Also bought plain old OEBT both blond and blues which I love ... Blondes are awesome too! Next will be atleast $500+ on blue bolts, more OEBT, speedie's strain of blue diamonds (mine are from different batch), and ill probably go through every kind of TB as well.... 3k in and over 10k on standby just for shrimp! But just cannot get myself to buy a shrimp over $30 ea that NO ONE has ANYTHING to say about when its so popular! Just strange and its a shame because I like them from the pic more than anything I've bought or plan to buy. Oh well.
DPapbt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
binbin9
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

Are you planning on a Shrimp farm? That's a load of cash that you are going to drop for a newbie to the hobby, why not reach out the seller for your answer?
binbin9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
pinoyghost2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Are you the same person that sells on aquabid.com as shrimpzoodotcom?
He's from Brooklyn too and has a lot of shrimps for sale? Just curious!

As you mentioned you are a newbie to shrimps but are willing to drop 10K...this makes me wonder Most newbie's will test a few different types first to make sure they can actually keep them alive before venturing into higher end shrimps.

You are talking about jumping feet first into one of the more sensitive types around, those and Taiwans without even testing the water.

As the other poster said, ask Ron at Alpha Pro Breeders he's got a good understanding of these shrimps, I believe he breeds a few himself.
pinoyghost2 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (177/100%)

You have to factor in bell curve in the shrimp market, where a majority of the buyers are in the sub $10 market and about less than 10% appreciate the higher end.

Another factor is the emphasis on new strains and shift away from tigers lately. A year ago, there were threads on oebt, btoe, red tigers rampant on the forums... not so as of late. Ron has been in the business for a few years selling shrimp, inverts and other types of aquaria products. i recommend contacting him by PM or through the website for more details and even photos.

If you are interested in selling locally, the ny subforum would likely be an audience for you to consider. good luck.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
Alpha Pro Breeders
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

Hi david

Sorry I haven't seen this earlier, we have been extremely busy and haven't had time to visit this site recently. The Royal Blues do breed true, but always with some variations. I think your getting miss information as others are thinking about orange eye blue tigers, they don't breed 100% true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPapbt View Post
This post is in regard to the royal blue shrimp advertised on your site as follows:

"""""""
Royal Blues (3)
Price: $99.00

Product Description
Royal Blue shrimp have been pretty hard to come by. They have been crossed with black tigers and orange eye blue tigers and crossed back a few times where they breed true and have this coloring like no other shrimp.""""""

- I am newbie to the hobby and this forum/community and was hoping to see if my understanding of this strain was 100% correct, since I am in awe of these guys and looking to spend hundreds if not over a thousand dollars to purćase them alone (without cost of tank, setup, time, etc). I know I have sent numerous emails that were promptly and kindly answered but have been hearing a lot of conflicting info from others lately..... Like I said I am a newbie I just want to know if this is a strain of its own and if I was to buy 10-50 of them an they breed.... The offspring will ALL look like the adult in the website picture ? I can understand a variety of hues from almost black to very light blue but mainly I wanted to know of that's all the variation there would be and its not like the OEBT, which produces totally different phenotypes from both blue parents (ie. blondes). Thanks for your time and any/all input is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

David Polur
Alpha Pro Breeders is offline   Quick reply to this message

Tags
alpha pro breeders, blue bolt, blue diamond oebt, oebt, royal blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.