New 55g Help Please - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #16
dprais1
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

I think both your tanks look really nice. Clean, uncluttered and simple (in a good way)

advice? need a background on the 55, I'm partial to black but yellow, orange, purple, brown can all look good as well. I use poster board and for the price you can switch them out, see which one you like and bring the rest back
dprais1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #17
Rway
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thank you! I plan on getting another black background on the 55g. Just haven't gotten to it yet. Haven't tried the plain poster-board though. Thanks.
Rway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #18
Rway
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I went ahead and purchased a 6700k bulb and a Colormax bulb. They are 24w each. So I replaced the Atenic blue bulbs with these but alternated each with the a 10k bulb. So it goes 10k, Colormax, 10k, 6700k. Hopefully this will help out my plants. My rainbow fish already looks better. I will post a picture with the new bulbs tomorrow.
Rway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
55gallon, lighting 55 gal, planted