ADA 60P|Ecoxotic E-series| PurpleMonkeyDishwasher - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #76
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

A few days back I picked up three cherry shrimp for algae, I rarely saw all three of them together so I thought one of them died. Until today....

Like a Jerry Springer show, she turned up today along with a few baby shrimps. I can't catch them and I can't rehouse my lone dwarf puffer, so this is going to be interesting.

Without further a-do

FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #77
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

=======

=======

=======

=======

=======

The iphone4 camera has a very strange light setting. I notice that the colours are either wash out or fully saturated. The HC Cuba is growing in nicely but I wish the growth was more compact. My Flourite Black tank has very compact growth but poor roots. The opposite is seen in my ADA tank, must be something I'm missing or having too much of.

Still looking for a decent lighting fixture, not a fan of the T5HO, I want LEDS.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #78
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

I removed that weird growing plant at the side... but anyways, got a joke for you guys.

What do you get when you cross an owl and a bungie chord?

Here a full tank shot,

Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #79
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

My... er.... behind.
Bserve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #80
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Nope, that not the answer, it's not your behind, it's Mine .... er... behind.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #81
sumer
Hates love!

PTrader: (23/96%)

Looks neat

Last edited by sumer; 07-19-2013 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: typo
sumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #82
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Thanks man, I want to change up the right side or at least make it work with the scape. I'm running into a problem where some of the plants grow too fast while other ones seem to lag behind.

Glosso barely grows, Bacopa grows like a weed. The Red plant grows various leaf sizes ranging from large to steroid bugling large. The four leaf clover plant keeps trying to invade the surrounding.

What determines leaf size and compact growth?
Old 07-20-2013, 03:09 AM   #83
chew
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Your tank is filling in nice. Do you ever change the cig filter diffusers? And since no one answered your question about DHG a week ago, best results for me are to trim it maybe 1/2" above the substrate. The first time I trimmed them half of them yellowed but after that now they just shoot back up in a week
Old 07-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #84
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Thanks! I wish I had a camera to record the bubbles, the iphone 4 doesn't capture the size properly. I change them out every 2 weeks, the longest I went was a month.

DHG always yellow when I trim them, is this normal? Do the cut grass blade continue to grow for you or do you have to wait for new ones to pop up?
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #85
chew
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Mine just regrow from where I cut them and send off more runners. Sometimes of they aren't rooted enough in the substrate they'll yellow but I add a little more macro the day before a trim and it seems to help
Old 07-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #86
KenRC51
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
A few days back I picked up three cherry shrimp for algae, I rarely saw all three of them together so I thought one of them died. Until today....

Like a Jerry Springer show, she turned up today along with a few baby shrimps. I can't catch them and I can't rehouse my lone dwarf puffer, so this is going to be interesting.

Without further a-do

Does Cherry really clean up algae? I have a bunch of Supreme Red but they don't eat any algae. Supreme Red are Cherry but more red.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #87
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

^ I don't know, maybe. I just google Supreme Red, those are Cherry shrimp no? I thought it was Cherry Shrimp -> Painted Fire Red. I guess they have names for each grade now.

Do you use RO water for your CBS? I really want to pick up some CBS, but had no luck with them. I picked up 3 and 2 died while I gave the last one away. They were SSS grade too!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #88
KenRC51
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
^ I don't know, maybe. I just google Supreme Red, those are Cherry shrimp no? I thought it was Cherry Shrimp -> Painted Fire Red. I guess they have names for each grade now.

Do you use RO water for your CBS? I really want to pick up some CBS, but had no luck with them. I picked up 3 and 2 died while I gave the last one away. They were SSS grade too!
Yeah, I keep my CBS/CRS in pure RO. From my experiance they don't do well in new established tank. They do best in a established tank probably 6mo old.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #89
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

^ Then how does one keep them in heavy fertz, high Co2, high light, high everything tanks? I really want some CBS/CRS.

=======
Check out the pearling action of these guys. They grow so fast, I forgot what they're called.

=======
Loving the red hue these guys give.

=======
If only I did this scape in a smaller tank, I think it looks great.

=======
They grow up so fast! Middle of the picture, eating some plant clippings I trim.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #90
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

Two dried out Alternanthera Reineckii 'Pink' Roseafolia leafs in the upper left corner -

Updates: I broke my drop checker because it was poorly made and couldn't withstand the extreme force of being gently place on a table. This was the second time
it happen and I'm completely done with these 10 dollar knock-offs of knock-offs. Does Co2 make glass fragile? I'm pretty sure it doesn't considering we're pumping
Co2 in a glass tank. It was just such a pain to clean up the tiny shreds of glass on a towel, I end up throwing the towel away.

So I'm doing Co2 measurement the old fashion way, looking at the plants and fish. Strange thing is, the fish don't mind, the cherry shrimps don't mind,
my otos cat does mind. I'm going have to raise the Co2 to compensate for plant growth but my otos catfish hates it. They swim in circles when the Co2 starts up,
they only go back to acting like fish at the end of the photo period. I might have to rehouse them to the other tank. I thought I was crazy having 3 tanks, some
of you have entire rooms dedicated to fish.

I also brought this Rotala Wallichii that is doing poorly, hopefully it gets use to my tank soon.

Tags
ada 60p matheson