I<3<*))))>< 's Learning Experience (Rescape - 9/13) - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #46
Sake
MABJ groupie

PTrader: (6/100%)

Yeah I'm about as subtle as a freight train ain't I? XD
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #47
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

hahaha, +1 to the feminine wiles!

But I really am sorry to hear about your missing badis. :c I was reading your other thread about them and it sounds like maybe you figured out the cause. Good luck re-homing a few of your males, I'm sure they'll find good homes!
lullafishi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 02:22 AM   #48
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to I<3<*))))><

Heheh, Power of the... well you know

Thanks Lulla, I hope so. I don't wanna loose anymore.
Stephanie - RAOK Club #130
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
I<3<*))))>< is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #49
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Taking suggestions from forum memebers I added a chunk of moss and a spare plant to break the line of sight to keep them calm for the time being. It's working like a charm thus far. I haven't seen a single intereaction between my boys, good or bad.

Still trying to find them a new tank to call home though <3

If I had my rack already, I could just set up another tank.
.... In due time though.

Oh on a side note... got some mystery snail loving going on tonight, lol. Added a few of the bigger ones in with my "Gary" last night & they're already familiar enough apparently. Hoping for some nice colors. Gary is a golden & the other is Pink.
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #50
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

And then there were 3!

I found homes for my 2 spare Scarlet Badis males earlier today, Yay on that account. The remaining 3 males do seem much more peaceful now.

I did see a bit of sparring at food time, but it is in their nature to be a bit fiesty towards their own kind so I'm not conerned.
I will continue to keep an eye out for bullying though.

Everyone & all the plants seem to be doing fine. FTS to come soon!
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #51
redsea
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I am glad things are going well. I will keep my eye out for the FTS!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #52
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've been slacking... doing lots outside & such, taking the dogs to the park, hitting up local festivals ect ect. This weekend is the Jazz & Rib Fest, yum!!!

I did get some Salvina Minima for the tanks today, courtesy of Mjbn, it arrived looking fantastic! He sent a very generous amount. I had enough to put in this tank & to cover half of my shrimp tank!! The shrimp LOVE it!! So I really do need to get that FTS out!

It's been humorous watching the remaining 3 scarlet badis figure out who's who in the dominace ranking though. It hasn't been anything rough, just a lil bit of chasing and flaring now & again. The corys are always a joy to watch... they have soooo much fun just swimming & swimming all day long, hehe.

I lost a mystery snail... but think it was Gary's fault. Gary is my original mystery snail and is easily 4x's bigger than the new ones I got off Nyx. I seen Gary mating with a pink one, the mating lasted alllllll day. The next few days she was looking rough, not too much movement. Then on day 3 she bit it..

I still have 3 other pinks, one purple, one ivory & my huge golden Gary. They're all doing nicely. I got about 15+ so I gave the extras to my sister for her 40breeder. She is loving them as well... "Who would have known snails would be so fricking awesome!" .. hehe.

Since I don't have a Journel up for my shrimp tank I'll comment here, they are doing GREAT! I've yet to loose ANY and have had them about a month now. Still some peewee's & juvi's but also have a few adults. The berried female still has her eggs, so yay on that account. I was worried she may drop them being a 1st time mother & all. I also think I have other ladies releasing pheromones as I've seen lotsa clearish males swimming about the last day or so. Hoping for lotsa shrimplets in my not too distant future!

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #53
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Lotsa pics for today!!! I know my tank isn't the prettiest of tanks out here, but not too bad for a noob either, right???
Still yet to rescape, summer has been keeping me busy. Plus kinda hesitant to order much with how high the temps have been around me.

FTS's

Now some of the critters, I managed to get decent pics of everyone minus the Corys. They do NOT sit still, lol. The Badis seem dull compared to past pics, my theory is they are still sorting out who is in charge since I went from 8 - 3.

Now a few of the Cherry Shrimp tank. This tank is mearly temporary. I will be cycling a 5.5g for them soonish. I didn't want to dump these in with the badis and had the Pico cycled... so in they went. Along with random plants and the likes.

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!

Last edited by I<3<*))))><; 07-19-2013 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: added info
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #54
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I went away for the weekend and don't have timers for my lights (terrible... I know) & got loads of plant growth. Unfortuntately a bit of alage of well. Unsure what kind, but it's dark green and on my Molpani. I'm hoping my Amano's will take care of it for me.

Also came home to see one of my berried cherries dropped her eggs. Im thinking it's due to age. I got her as a juvi just last month. So here's to hoping next time is more succesful. I have 2 other berried ladies atm as well.

I might be uploading some more pics later!
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #55
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

LOL, my scarlet badis have become soooooo boring! I only see them when it's feeding time now that the numbers are lower. I guess going from 8 to now just 3 they don't feel the need to come out & defend their territories. Oh well, least they're healthy, right?

Just wish my tank looked alive when I look at it. I do enjoy the surprise pof tracking them down, just need some kind of dither fish I think. Leaning towards either ember tetras or chili rasboras. Any idea if the badis would have issues with chilis? Them both being red & all?
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #56
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

I can imagine how going from 8 to 3 would drastically change the liveliness of the tank! But it's for the good.

I think a dither fish would be a great idea. I love the look of chili rasboras! No idea on the compatibility as I've no experience with either, but maybe someone else will chime in.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #57
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hmm looks like even 3 scarlet badis is too many for my Flora. I have just 2 now.. and one is super bright and dominant and the other very dull and being bullied. I'm going to call the girl who got my other boys and see if she wants to take one more off my hands.

So yes, a dither fish will be in order.... Once I decide which one. Ill have just the single scarlet badis, 2 Juli Corys, 5 mystery snails, a bamboo shrimp and a lonely amano.

I think my Orange Neo and bigger amano mustve died while I was away 2 weekends ago. I havent seen them since. My tank does need a serious trim... so hopefully theyre hiding, and hiding well.

If not, Ill also be getting another amano or two when I order my fish.

On a brighter note, I found my 1st shrimplet in my RCS tank!!! So now I've seen it all, a molt, a breed, and babies! Now if only they make it to adulthood. Then I might feel confident enough to get some TT's to add into the tank.

(Pics once I clean up the tank... hehe)
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!

Last edited by I<3<*))))><; 08-17-2013 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #58
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Got a few pics for sharing... my fav is of my Bamboo shrimp, he really loves all the floaters. Now I actually get to see him, lol.

FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #59
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Oh no, sorry to hear about another badis loss. Are you going to try to get it down to just one?

Don't give up hope on you're missing shrimp yet, they're really good at hiding! Congrats on the RCS baby, too!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #60
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yep, I gave one of my two Badis away. To the girl who got my other 2 boys a lil while back. Just one now. He is still a tad dull but slowly coloring back up.

I still have yet to see the Orange neo or the larger amano. So think it's safe to say their gone.

I did a trim/replant the other day. I cut my lilly down to the substrate. That thing is a beast and will bounce back in no time Im sure. But since doing so I haven't seen my Bamboo shrimp now, ugh. He would chill on the underside of the lilly leaves filtering the water column. I checked each and every leaf before pitching it so Im pretty sure he is in the tank, prolly tucked in a groove on the driftwood. Least I hope so...

All current livestock I know I have is a single scarlet badis, 2 Julii corys, 1 amano shrimp and 4 mystery snails. I have a pair of Tiger Endlers on the way. Expecting them tomorrow!!!

I also had to move one of my anubias nana to a different nook in my driftwood. The mystery snails wouldn't leave it be where it was prior. It's def gonna stay where it is now, I wedged it in really good!

Yes, the right side look super crowded... I agree. I'm kinda experimenting with how to trim my stem plants. The Rotala I just cut in half and replanted it all in one bunch. The limnophila I cut in half as well. Planted the top in one area and the bottom in another. I read that when you trim stem plants where you cut them they grow two shoots. So again, just experimenting to see which outcome I prefer best.

I was letting my P. Gayi grow out super long, trimmed that in half as well and planted more along the right back. I love the look of that stuff and want to keep it as my backdrop. I also took a few short stems of around 2 inches and planted over where the Lilly is. Playing with my plants... lol, why not?

I'm not too concerned with the overall layout of this tank anymore. Im kinda just using it as a learning experience. Here soon I plan to either rescape it completely, diff substrate and all..... or upgrade to a 25g. Tme will tell which I end up doing.

Since I may end up using the wood I have now I wanted to get my Anchor moss to start growing on the back of the wood as well. So I tucked bits & pieces where ever it would stick.

Now some pics of my ramblings... lol

Back left, you can see where I stuck my other anubias nana, where the lilly got chopped down and the P. Gayi I planted.

Right side, my over crowded stem plant experiement...

Front View...

View of my overall set up. Fancy eh? LOL

Now for a lil on my 3g pico RCS Tank. I have at least 4 shrimplets!! Also have two berried mama's! They're all doing great... and pure joy to watch!

Overall view...

ZOMG... look at all that riccia! When I dumped that in that tank it was only a 2 x 4 mass, it's now well over 8 x 10!!!
The shrimp sure love it though, hehe.
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!

Tags
endlers, fluval flora, guppy, low tech, nano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.