The Spawning Pool-- 75g shallow square - Page 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #106
vincenz
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanotaenia View Post
awesome. The execution on the shallow depth is well done. Do you live in the city?
Thanks! No, I'm from Queens/Long Island. I can't imagine one could even turn around in a room out in the city after installing a tank with this footprint out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystrife View Post
This is such a beautiful tank!

What's your experience like with the Kessil? It looks like it provides a reasonable spread for the tank, but curious what your thoughts are since you can see it in person.
I like the Kessil a lot. Haven't had any problems with it. The only thing is you might think it's loud in the beginning, but after a few days, you don't hear it anymore. I've had computers over the years that have had more fans and louder than this. I have it about 13" off from the top of the tank and the circle of light covers the 36"x36" area below it perfectly. The light is more concentrated towards the middle, but it's not noticeable that the plants at the edges don't grow or anything-- it's about the same. I do have an extremely low-maintenance setup with low-light plants though, so you'll have to take that into consideration. I think the Kessil fits the aesthetic of the setup perfectly.

The Spawning Pool-- 75g shallow square DECOMMISSIONED

Three Worlds-- 4g triple sphere DECOMMISSIONED
vincenz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #107
vincenz
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/100%)

This tank has been sold to a local forum member. After some consideration, I decided not to take it with me before moving (getting a dog and a cat also "helped" with the decision). It was good while it lasted and I'll miss it, but hopefully we will see it again here under its new owner.

Thanks all for tuning in. Final update on the remaining tank inhabitant, running bare-bones for a week more before the final move.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	189585  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	189593  

The Spawning Pool-- 75g shallow square DECOMMISSIONED

Three Worlds-- 4g triple sphere DECOMMISSIONED
vincenz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #108
Bowles42
Planted Member

PTrader: (36/100%)

Love the leopard ctenopoma. Kept a pair awhile back, great fish. Good luck with the move.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #109
lamiskool
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

man sad to see this tank decommissioned...also love that leopard ctenopoma. Goodluck with your move and hopefully someday you come back to the hobby!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.