Sumer's Paradise city 60-P (Pic HEAVY)- Updated #July 5; Pg-6 - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #76
waterfaller1
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to waterfaller1

yay!
waterfaller1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #77
peachii
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Oh my, how have i missed this tank? This is beautiful as a newbie to planted tanks - it is quite inspiring!

Your photos are beautiful, I am sure we will happily drool over them every time you post some.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #78
AnotherHobby
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

This is a sweet tank! Nice work!
AnotherHobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #79
sumer
Hates love!

PTrader: (21/96%)
Default July updates - I'm sure you will love it.

Update July 5th 2013

Hello friends,
Its been almost 6 months that my tank is running successfully
I have learnt a LOT from this tank. It is more like a learning step before making my dream Dutch tank. Since practical knowledge is far more important than theoretical (that too is necessary) this tank was really necessary for me to make.
I got my first flash unit some time back. I no longer hold a lamp with one hand and take pictures with other. LOL. It made taking photos so so easy. I can keep ISO to 100 which leads to great detailing.
Finally I got most of the eriocaulons that I wanted including sp. Thailand. Still searching eagerly for Erio amanoanum.

I know you guys are not going to read whatever I wrote above and will jump directly to pics. Haha.. Thats totally cool. Everything is in photos
One important thing that I want to share - Please dont copy the photos from here. Recently one sponsor of TPT used my picture without even mentioning the link or my name. Thats something I really dont like. If its for personnel or educational reason (posting my pictures on FB page being a seller of planted stuff is not educating), just write it in a comment and I'll gladly let you use it. I also put my photos on 500px which gives me their copyright. You dont wanna go in that copyright mess. So please dont copy photos without asking.

Plants-

Aciotis acuminifolia; A wonderful and beautiful stem plant. Grows straight with a lot of side stems. Pinkish reddish top leaves look so beautiful. A slow grower

Nesaea crassicaulis- Another slow growing stem plant.

Difference between Syngonanthus sp 'Belem' and Syngonanthus sp 'Madeira'

One more. Belem on left and Madeira on right-

Syngonanthus sp 'Madeira'

Just a handful of Syngonanthus belem. Haha.. When I trimmed it last week-

I totally forgot the name of this plant. Any leads on it's ID ?

Rotala sunset and Rotala macandra magenta. (I maybe messing up the name). But it's stems are too soft to be Ludwigia arcuta.

Hygrophila sp 'Thai' or Hygrophila sp 'Brown'. And believe me it really looks brown.

Here's another marvelous plant. Tonina fluviatilis "Lotus Blossom"-

And it does look like lotus if seen from top-

After a trimming, every stem is shotting 3 side shoots. I trimmed 2 of those 3 so the plant can use its all energy to grow the single stem. Replanted the other short stems-

A bad pic of 2 side stems shooting from the main stem-

Recently got 3 riparium planter from Devin. 3 plants that I'm using are-
Asclepias, Hibiscus and Mangrove plant. They grow so so fast. But due to some reason the new growth in hibiscus is not so red. Maybe I need to put some root tabs in the planters.

Cryptocoryne affinis 'metallic red'. It was sunrise time and the lights were looking pink in Iphone.

Cryptocoryne bullosa 'Maradong'. Bullation is so so prominent on this one. Even more than hudoroi. Totally loved it-

Dont think that I'm exaggerating but Ammania sp bonsai is a weed. Every 10 - 12 days I take this much out. I started with 5 stems that Joraan sent me. Pardon the funny collage-

UG is doing great in my salad box emmersed setup. Once it'll be enough to fill 5x5" area, I'll take out staurogyne and put this in my tank.

Initially, this much of UG I got-

Gratiola brevifolia. All I could get was this single stem. But its growing fine.

Ludwigia sphaerocarpa. I know it doesnt look like google images or what Tom has, at all. And it is because it was grown emmersed. I just hope it becomes brown soon-

Something was happening to my Alternantheras. The leaves were having pin holes and then they will become like a net. Potassium was the problem. I was dosing it just the half what I should. Increased K and it took care of Ocipus and mini both.

My erio clan before the new additions- (Can we please consider Trithuria Sp. as erio Blood vomit!! Just coz it looks so similar)

Updated family -

What did I add ?

Erio sp. 'Ban ba wa'

Erio sp 'Thailand'. Much darker in color

A baby cinereum. Sean gifted me this one.

Erio sp 'Japan shiga'

Erio Aussie 2

Not much of documentation is available about these different species as they are still waiting to be given proper names. Sometimes their appearance tells the difference between the species and sometimes you just have to trust the seller and wait for them to grow and show the difference.
And just for this reason, I bought these plant labels. I know this sounds quite silly but its the only way to keep a track about what's what.

Wrote all the names. Even the ones that I know of. Haha-

In the tank they went. Just imagine my desperateness- I made a marker for Amanoanum too. There was a time when it was a very normal thing. Just in this january it was available. I know there are people out there with this plant. Please.. just one small baby is all I want..

My sieboldianum was getting too big. Look at that root system.

I had to divide it to make room for new erios. I was very nervous while doing it. I bought a new knife to split it. LOL.

It went well and both the parts have started growing again.

One more funny collage. It was some random collage making app on my phone that I used. In the center its sp 'Thailand'.

Another great BG plant is Staurogyne sp 'Bihar'. 'Bihar' is a state in India. One of my friend in India is searching for this plant in Bihar state since last 3-4 years. But he just couldnt find. It has become extinct from the Bihar state
Hygrophila pinnatifida which is also native to India has somehow managed to survive in wild.

Higrophila pinnatifida in it's natural habitat-
Photos are property of Akshay Khare.

In baby form. Haha

The stream where its found-

Crypt cordata in its natural habitat. Pure laterite makes the substrate-

See the veins here-

Emmersed-

Blyxa aubertii in the river-

Check this for the complete expedition journal

Another very very rare specie that I recently got- Caloglossa cf. beccarii

After all of these plant photos, you want to see a FTS right ?
Not a great one. Plants are still recovering from last week's trim.

Lets talk fish now-

A few updated shots of Boraras brigittae. Just to show how fat they have become-
Look at this fat lady right after the dinner. Nowadays they have learned to gobble down small pieces of bloodworms or brine shrimps.

Aciotis acuminifolia in BG

It feels weird to see a deserted tank right after the trim-

Endlers are making rabbits go shy. Breeding like anything..

Males are getting more colorful-

Since my summer vacations are going on, I'm feeding them 3 times a day. LOL. Early morning - bloodworms, noon - mysis shrimps, evening- brine shrimps soaked in garlic. Thinking of adding blackworms to their diet soon. Costly they are.. White worm culture is about to get ready.

The same feeding regime goes for Epiplatys also. They bred once and then stopped. Maybe these guppies are eating up their eggs. I badly need more tanks

Epiplatys annulatus male

Epiplatys annulatus female

Male-

In this photo, I missed the focus from it's eyes. But still I like this shot. You can feel it's motion-

2 males flaring at each other-

Tiger shrimps. They eat anything but shrimp food. Goodness.. they are true wild ones. They eat bloodworms, they eat brine shrimps, they also eat micro pellets but wont touch shrimp food. Since calcium is really important for them, I drop some boiled spinach time to time in the tank. They sometimes eat it.

Hypoptopoma gulare. Oh boy.. this fish has made me so interested in catfishes now.
This photo is the best that I took of them. I was waiting for it to sit on this branch since a week. 2 days ago I woke up at 3 in the night to drink water and saw it sitting there. Immediately took out the camera and clicked this shot-

Chewing on cholla wood

A few days back I saw a guy selling bettas on FB. I contacted him and he sent me 2 males and a female. Conditioning them right now. Will start the breeding process next week.
Here are a few pics-

With black background-

The second male-

And now my most favorite photos. I can say this photo is the best photo I've taken till date.
Dario hysginon males-

I think those small co2 bubbles are making it more dramatic. What do you think ?

Over the sieboldianum-

Here's a 5.5G Vivarium that I made recently but had to sell coz of some random rule which says "Only 3 glass tanks in an apartment".

The inhabitants- Geosesema sp.-

Many people ask what lens do I use!! I use my 18-55 kit lens with macro filters on it. They are available on ebay for like $10.
This is what I have-

A gag that I made last year. LOL

Videos-

Just to show how much surface movement I have to keep the biofilm off the surface-

A bit of Darios bullying amano, a bit of Madagascar lace, a bit of everything-

Feeding time for my fishes-

Huff... Took me 2 hours to write this update. I hope you guys would enjoy it. Let me know what you liked what you didnt like.

Thanks,
Sumer.
sumer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #80
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

Great stuff Sumer!
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #81
sjb1987
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (107/100%)

Get an acrylic tank for your 4th tank and see what they say lol.. great update man
Old 07-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #82
sumer
Hates love!

Hahaha.. Acrylic tank.. I have a mini petco 4G thing. It wont harm trying..
Will do that.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #83
synaethetic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Great shots for a kit lense! Super impressive update! You have so many different species, it is very diverse.
synaethetic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #84
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to I<3<*))))><

Holy Update! But I loved every bit of it. Lovely tanks, gorg fish, super lush plants..... making me jelly, lol.

Best of luck with breeding the Bettas, that 1st male is insanly stunning. I really love the marble plakats. If you are succesful I'd be really interested in a male possibly.

Funny your Dario hysignon punk your amanos the way they do. My dario dario don't pay mine any attention. The amanos even try to crawl on them at times and still nothing.
Stephanie - RAOK Club #130
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
I<3<*))))>< is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #85
Dugsul808
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

One of the nicest setups I've ever seen, I really likes all your plants of how it was places and how healthy they looked. Also likes your panda face fish and your frog you got in there !
Old 07-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #86
JoraaÑ
"Tirèd~about to Retirë "

PTrader: (328/100%)

Unknown plant on the 8th snap is Pogostemon stellatus 'narrow leaf'. Nice collection of Erios...

Last edited by JoraaÑ; 07-12-2013 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: ~~~
JoraaÑ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #87
bikercarl
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Aloha Sumer!

WOW!!! I am totally impressed with your collection of Erios! Let me know if you've got some for sale!

Happy Friday!
BikerCarl
bikercarl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #88
sumer
Hates love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoraaÑ View Post
Unknown plant on the 8th snap is Pogostemon stellatus 'narrow leaf'. Nice collection of Erios...
Hehe.. Thanks.
Keep me in the list for erectus
Old 07-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #89
sumer
Hates love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaethetic View Post
Great shots for a kit lense! Super impressive update! You have so many different species, it is very diverse.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3<*))))>< View Post
Holy Update! But I loved every bit of it. Lovely tanks, gorg fish, super lush plants..... making me jelly, lol.

Best of luck with breeding the Bettas, that 1st male is insanly stunning. I really love the marble plakats. If you are succesful I'd be really interested in a male possibly.

Funny your Dario hysignon punk your amanos the way they do. My dario dario don't pay mine any attention. The amanos even try to crawl on them at times and still nothing.
Hahaha.. My Darios even bully otocinclus. Nobody goes without spanking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugsul808 View Post
One of the nicest setups I've ever seen, I really likes all your plants of how it was places and how healthy they looked. Also likes your panda face fish and your frog you got in there !
Glad you liked. Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikercarl View Post
Aloha Sumer!

WOW!!! I am totally impressed with your collection of Erios! Let me know if you've got some for sale!

Happy Friday!
BikerCarl
Haha.. Keep an eye on the "FS threads" then
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #90
samee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Some crazy stuff there. I love the plant behind that reddish beta. Stem with needles. Im sure it likes soft water. Let see how you use that red moss, it must look really nice in front of all the greens.

My Hens and Chicks Plants > http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...722&highlight=

samee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ada, ada 60-p, erios, led, makersled, plants, roots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.